Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fosters Radler - alcohol free - I'm struggling with this whole concept.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Can someone please help me out.

View attachment 56268

1) Nobody really likes Fosters.

2) Why then mix it with squash.
Foster’s Radler 2.0% is a refreshing mixed drink that combines 60 per cent citrus-flavoured soft drink with 40 per cent Foster’s lager. The most refreshing option of this summer's new drinks, the radler was developed especially to please Finnish taste buds. The beverage’s alcohol content is 2%.

c) After producing a 2% monstrosity why then feel the need to go alcohol free.

4) Who the hell buys this stuff.

Well blow me down.

A sensible post from the red traffic light jumper and one that I whole heartedly agree with, you are just SO right.

Blimey, I might even post on that geeky thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or of you are on medication and can't drink alcohol, but still like going to the pub with your family and/or mates.
But why spend x amount of pounds on a non alcoholic 'citrus-flavoured soft drink', when you can just have a soft drink?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's 0.01% alcohol is it not? And I think that still counts as alcohol legally. I could be wrong.

i think they list it as 0.01% as there maybe residue alcohol. its marked as beer, so comes under the law as over 18 only, but bizarrley you can buy shandy with 0.5% ABV from 16.

this drink is a child of marketing and product development teams having to put something new out to justify their existance. i can see the point of alcohol free beer for those that want the taste (nearly), but citrus flavoured beer? a non-alcoholic poor craft-beer imitation :facepalm:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Interestingly, or maybe not, I know vegetarians who have never eaten meat but buy that stuff that looks, smells and tastes like meat.

Now you are joking, that can't be true, I have heard it all now, beer with no alcohol and pretend meat.???

I think I will buy a dog and bark myself :D

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
But why spend x amount of pounds on a non alcoholic 'citrus-flavoured soft drink', when you can just have a soft drink?
100% agree, it's never bothered me.

Not laddish enough for some, couldn't be seen in a pub with a soft drink, someone may think they are soft.:glare:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Interestingly, or maybe not, I know vegetarians who have never eaten meat but buy that stuff that looks, smells and tastes like meat.

yeah, what is that about? Quorn sausages, wtf?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
anyway,, I canstil drivew aftre i'ne had trnteen pints if oFsters so ****f of

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
On the whole in my 20 year adult life I've tended to stick to spirits (aside from Guinness that my dad started me on when I was aged 4).. as by and large I can't stand the taste of the vast majority of beers in whatever format they come (plus some give me anaphylaxis shock)

But last summer I gave Fosters Lemon Radler a go. And IMHO regardless of the facts that it's:
a) Fosters
b) beer
c) squash added to beer
d) merely 2%
...etc., I genuinely find it very refreshing on a warm summers might as a pleasant ice cold drink, plain and simple.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
On the whole in my 20 year adult life I've tended to stick to spirits (aside from Guinness that my dad started me on when I was aged 4).. as by and large I can't stand the taste of the vast majority of beers in whatever format they come (plus some give me anaphylaxis shock)

But last summer I gave Fosters Lemon Radler a go. And IMHO regardless of the facts that it's:
a) Fosters
b) beer
c) squash added to beer
d) merely 2%
...etc., I genuinely find it very refreshing on a warm summers might as a pleasant ice cold drink, plain and simple.

Further to that, ignoring the religious stuff if you work in a job where there are strict alcohol testing things this kind of thing works to your advantage - you don't feel so left out by drinking that coke while your mates all have pints or bottles but you don't have to worry about being over a limit the next day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here