Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

forster is a wa**ker

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
He is also a 37 year old, who has no longevity left in him, and no one has a clue what demands he is wanting, Brighton & Hove Albion FC have neither the money nor the space for loyalty to ANY player that has no long term use in the managers long term plans.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Forster is a model professional and our top scorer. I'd tend to instinctively lay the blame at the club's door. For lack of negotiation skills, if nothing else.

im inclined to agree but just who at the club is responsible for contracts? is it lack of negotiation, or standing policy, ie no discusions till the end of season. seems to be so similar to what has happened before, yet with new manager and chairman, why would it be? expect one other thing in the mix...

... He is trouble with a big t, was instrumental in getting rid of last three managers.

interesting slant. and what sort of "model professional" throws their toys out like this, with the timing and everything?

D

Deleted member 2719

Is there any truth in Nicky went for the Albion Managers job, if so it may explain why there is a clash in personality's.???

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Funny how so many are now turning on Forster. Oh how fickle you are !
Can we really afford to turn our backs on the best player on the books. He is still a class above anything else we have got and when you witness the pathetic efforts of Dickinson and Davies and the inconsistency of Murray, then you realise, that without him, we are rapidly heading for Div.2

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It's hardly that simple when you are talking about your leading goal scorer and are deep in relegation trouble.

IMO this shoudl not have got to this stage and although Forster may not have handled this well - neither have the club and it is a PR mess up of the biggest proportions.

So exactly how should the club have acted differently, they are unable to transfer him away now, seeing as the request came after the window closed.

Why does the club have to decide before that window shut whether to offer him a new contract or not, he is 37 after all, a new contract could have been a bit of a risk given his age if he loses a bit of pace or control, something he has started to show signs of in the last couple of matches. It would have been prudent to wait, which is what the board and manager have done.

He probably would have had to demonstrate towards the end of the season that he was capable of playing as well for another year to get a new deal, but now what if he got another year and early next season he does something similar to now because he wasn't first choice, what would that do to team spirit or morale?

Maybe Forster thinks that the new signing is a threat to his place in the team and he is worried that his career is almost over, he doesn't want to end up in our reserves and then find it impossible to get a team next season, by alerting other clubs now, he could get a deal signed before the summer whether here or elsewhere.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Forster is a model professional and our top scorer. I'd tend to instinctively lay the blame at the club's door. For lack of negotiation skills, if nothing else.

Model professional ??? would that be in the way he has openly argued with managers and refusing to go along with their directions during matches, his arguing with match officials, his diving etc....

You don't know the reasons behind this so why is your instinct to blame the club, what proof do you have that they have done anything to produce this situation? - None, this is yet another example of people putting the boot into the club for no good reason.

Forster is 37, he may have been offered a new deal at the end of the season, but do you think his actions make it easy for the club to now offer a new deal?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Forster is 36.

You are correct, and I am wrong :thumbsup: but all said and done he is still a journeyman who is nearing the end of his playing days at a professional level, In my opinion.

He is 37 on 8th September, and I still maintain that someone that age can not figure in any managers long term plans, rightly or wrongly.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Look this is all bullshit. The club are in deep doo doo at the moment and NEED the players to pull together to get us out of the relegation battle. What Forster has done is basically say 'f*** YOU' I want a contract regardless of where we are playing next year, and if I don;'t get it then I am going to effectively rule myself out of playing in the relegation battle.

That is completely out of order. End of. There is no DEFENCE of that whatsoever in my book.

FORSTER = BOOOOO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here