Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Formula 1 is the dogs danglies

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • f*** off Eddie you knob-jockey

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters

Shizuoka Dolphin said:
I like NIGEL Mansell. Nice 'tache.

I blow hot and cold with F1. I like it one week, then I can't be arsed.

I 100% agree over the last few years i have found myself tuning in less and less

f19.jpg

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Four new teams this year as well

Midland - used to be Jordan
BMW -Sauber -
Scuderia Toro Rosso - Used to be Minardi
Super Aguri - New Japanese team

Jenson Button to continue to underachieve no doubt. Didn't realise he has a 100GP behind him and no wins

Looking forward to it :clap2:

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Should be a good season. Renault, McLaren, Ferrari and Honda should all be competetive. Expect the super Aguri cars will act as mobile shicanes.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Icy Gull said:
Four new teams this year as well

Midland - used to be Jordan
BMW -Sauber -
Scuderia Toro Rosso - Used to be Minardi
Super Aguri - New Japanese team

Jenson Button to continue to underachieve no doubt. Didn't realise he has a 100GP behind him and no wins

Looking forward to it :clap2:

so there is actually 1 new team not 4. The rest are just renamed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
magoo said:
so there is actually 1 new team not 4. The rest are just renamed.

Different owners, engines and designers and sponsors make it more like new teams than renamed ones to me.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
80's Seagull said:
Should be a good season. Renault, McLaren, Ferrari and Honda should all be competetive. Expect the super Aguri cars will act as mobile shicanes.

Agree with that and testing seems to go along with this theory as well. I also believe that Williams have got a good package this season. If they have made a good car then they will be right up there as they have Coswort engines who have made their mark producing excellent V8 engines for years. They also have bridgestone tyres which i believe are better than the Michelin. The car itself will show whether Sam Michael is as good as has been made out and whether it is time to replace Patrick Head.

Can't wait until Saturday:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
There does seem to be the indication that Williams could suprise a few people and start getting results again. Will need for Webber to cool down a bit though and act as a team leader to young Rosberg.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Formula 1 WAS awesome. I travelled up a few times to Silverstone and paid my 100 odd quid to stand in mud all day back in the day (and I'm not talking that long ago).

But the thing with f1 was, it wasn't just about the sport. There was always a certain soap-opera aspect about it, all the independent teams scraping deals to stay alive, the characters involved (Stewart, Jordan etc). I was a massive Jordan fan, and there was something to enjoy even in the later years when the cars were little more than backmarkers.

There was also a more logical approach, at stages it led to domination by one team, but the rules meant you could predict a race much easier, and teams were way better than others. And thats the way sport works. We didn't change the rules of football when Man United were winning everything. Even I don't understand the way the new rules work.

Now its largely just over-funded teams used by companies as nothing more than advertising. F1 sucks.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
80's Seagull said:

Apparently they've only completed 600km of testing. Slowest car on the track, bound to break down, so who do you put behind the wheel? Takuma Sato - how many people is he going to take out this year?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
what a load of bollx

vroom, vroom, vroom!

i had more excitement the last time i had piles

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
ATFC Seagull said:
There was always a certain soap-opera aspect about it

The plot might have changed slightly but Bernie's soap opera is very much alive and well.

F1's definitely getting interesting again. Last season was good, this season looks really good with 4/5 contendors, and then the budget capping that Mosley has got planned will swing the balance back away from the manufacturers.

IMO Button will win races (plural) this season. F1's always been about Driver+Team&Car, one cannot succeed without the other. This time, for the first time he's got a package with which he can win.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
moggy said:
what a load of bollx

vroom, vroom, vroom!

i had more excitement the last time i had piles

maybe so but your son will make you watch it when i tell him it is on:p

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Is there going to any more passing this year?

While the results might be interesting the actual races normally come down who gets to the 1st corner in the lead and that only changes if they mess up a pitstop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here