Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forget about it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
A great performance and win most definately, but it's impossible to just forget those six straight defeats, (and a draw), that preceded it.

Absolutely bizarre. Football teams sometimes go on bad runs. I’m afraid you’re going to have to deal with it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agree.

Yesterday, tactically was spot on, though I did wonder why Welbeck was selected, but then he was outstanding.

Caicedo was brilliant on debut too. I've a feeling, that along with Sarmiento, he is going to really flourish next season, and that we will soon be seeing a lot more of youngsters being blooded as well.

el punal

Super win, there is no doubt In my mind Potter has been selecting the wrong line up for weeks until yesterday.

Perhaps, but maybe injuries to certain players may have also been the reason. Whatever the circumstances over the last few weeks Graham Potter and the team got it absolutely spot on yesterday. Long may it continue.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Caicedo was brilliant on debut too. I've a feeling, that along with Sarmiento, he is going to really flourish next season, and that we will soon be seeing a lot more of youngsters being blooded as well.

Yes, so exciting.

Really hope we sign MacAllister on a long contract, as well.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Yes we will. That’s our model. It’s also the reason why we will sometimes go on bad runs, because we are building like this rather than paying over the offs for quality. People need to understand it, and get behind it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes we will. That’s our model. It’s also the reason why we will sometimes go on bad runs, because we are building like this rather than paying over the offs for quality. People need to understand it, and get behind it.

Of course. and great to see us back to our winning ways. but a long run of defeats coupled with poor performances can't be simply forgotten about. We need to learn from them too.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It’s a very reactionary place. One win in like forever Potters a genius again all is forgiven the team are great. Pre kick off, this lot are useless not good enough for the PL big summer clear out required :lolol:

No wonder some on here enjoy having a wind up it’s to easy.

Agreed it's too easy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree with you about censorship but I do wonder about some of the moaning on here. Some people come across as thoroughly miserable and seem determined to spread that misery around.
I just think that if something made me as miserable as some say it is, I would walk away, not carry on torturing myself.
Makes me think that most of them are on a windup.

Just a cross section of society.

A spectrum from “Ah well, at least we played well in the second half” to being affected for a week. Hard to switch off from a club your Dad, Mum etc got you hooked on as young kids.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of course. and great to see us back to our winning ways. but a long run of defeats coupled with poor performances can't be simply forgotten about. We need to learn from them too.

I bet you’re fun at parties

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So out of interest - if the loses, draws and wins had been more evenly spread over the season so far, rather than being clumped together - would you be moaning ?

I made a similar point on a thread last week from a palace fan pointing out how we had the same number of wins, draws and we had one more loss ahead of their game v arsenal, asking why palace fans were so happy and brighton fans we not. Four of our wins were in our first 5 games, we then had a run of 12 draws in 17 games (2w, 3L), then a run of 6 losses in 8 games (1W, 1L). A couple of outliers, but essentially our season has played out winning run, followed by a drawing run, followed by a losing run. Palace only had a handful of times that they had the same result in consecutive matches. They have generally cycled through wins losses and draws. And they are much happier for it.

(With the caveat that it might also be a factor that their losses were almost all against teams they'd expect to lose, and they had a couple of wins against top 6 whereas we had losses to teams below us, and until yesterday midtable Wolves were the highest placed team we'd beaten).

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
So out of interest - if the loses, draws and wins had been more evenly spread over the season so far, rather than being clumped together - would you be moaning ?

This is a great psychological dilemma. I genuinely think I and many other supporters would be happier sitting on 37 points having beaten Palace, Norwich, Leeds & Newcastle all at the Amex yet lost to Arsenal, Liverpool & Leicester.

I love the way we play football but we seem naive in the way we play and fail to score against relegation fodder. Beating such sides consistently would make us top 10 candidates

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only when it happened did I realise what was missing!

It's been ages since we've had a:-

'how the fudge are that lot gonna line up?'

Arsenal's injuries allowed GPott to bamboozle Captain Scarlett.
Good to that the man back.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I back Potter and I love how cool he is, even under great pressure. Saying that I thought the match yesterday showed up what should have been happening more often.

Caceido and Mwepu showed what we are missing with regards to 'strength' at the sharp end, they harrassed and fought for each other and the team, they didn't let Arsenal rest. Great play for our 2nd goal too...10/10

When Mwepu went off we saw how the ball wouldn't stick up front leading to wave after wave of attacks from Arsenal. Of course we sat back late on to preserve our lead but the lack of Mwepu up there was the reason this was happening far too easily.

The first goal came from a punt upfield from Dunk who was under pressure to clear the ball, a fantastic pass as it turned out but it wasn't one of our signature slow moves forward that's for sure. This type of move we should try more often and get behind the oppsition back line before thay can settle, this in turn gave Trossard the freedom of the penalty area to pick his shot.

Bissouma back in midfield, this all day long is what should be happening, quick in breaking up play and lovely little passes to get the team moving forward or out of trouble. Again, when he went off we saw midfield struggle to gain control of the ball.

They now need to show up at the Amex and treat the home crowd to the type of displays we've seen all season away from home.

UTA :albion2:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A great performance and win most definately, but it's impossible to just forget those six straight defeats, (and a draw), that preceded it.

I feel different about it. After six yucky defeats, the club still recognise that shit happens and things will be fine.

Too many clubs just hire and fire and ultimately how much difference does it make ?

It's clear that the players respond well to the coaching and management team and we've just been stuck in a rut that had to blow over. Hopefully there will be some lessons learnt. On we go.

We'll likely lose at City and Tottenham as things stand. Folk may add that to the poor run. But it's expected. I'm just looking for two decent close performances. Who knows ? Even a cheeky point at Spuds.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Obviously very nice to get a win away from home, but there must be loads like me that don't do many, if any aways. I have not attended and seen Brighton win since September (couldn't do Boxing Day v Brentford) and have not seen us even score since January. The home form is what is causing me to have thoughts about whether I really want to continue with a season ticket, or keeping it just for the points to get away tickets, and trying to get rid of it on the exchange.

On points at Home we are 18th, same points as Burnley. On points Away we are 7th, same points as Arsenal. Honestly becoming quite a chore to go to the Amex, especially when rail replacement buses, delays and cancellations have made getting there a pain quite often too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

When key players are injured, then the team can struggle. How do you learn from that? Mulling over and over what’s gone makes you miserable.
Grumble at the defeats, and enjoy the wins. Don’t let either affect you for weeks.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Super win, there is no doubt In my mind Potter has been selecting the wrong line up for weeks until yesterday. Have no problem discussing it on here or in person with other fans I know. Why some are keen for censorship on such matters seems a little strange.

ooh! you tease!

go on then, enlighten us, where's potter been going wrong all this time?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here