Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Forest's Samba last night

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So is this saying "if your goalie is sent off, you CAN make a sub to bring a keeper on?"

I don't believe so. I think the 'A goalkeeper who is sent off must be replaced by an eligible player' means anyone who is eligible to take part in the penalty kicks.

And eligible players are those on the pitch at the final whistle. I believe if a goalie or player is sent off during the penalty kicks then the other team have to drop one of their players so the shoot out is between the same number of players on each team.

I've just looked back over the laws.

A goalkeeper who is unable to continue before or during the kicks may be
replaced by a player excluded to equalise the number of players or, if their
team has not used its maximum permitted number of substitutes, a named
substitute, but the replaced goalkeeper takes no further part and may not
take a kick
• If the goalkeeper has already taken a kick, the replacement may not take a
kick until the next round of kicks

So it would seem 'eligible player' includes unused subs, and any player not taking part to even up numbers.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bruce Grobbelaar was the first I remember in the European Cup final v Roma to try and put players off with his wobberly legs routine

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Penalty saves aside I thought he looked a bit shaky over the 2 legs, particularly when coming for crosses/high balls? Not sure he’s Prem standard tbh

The Forest fans love him, he's great value, one fan on the Forest fans forum reckons his antics and standard of goalkeeping are worth the admission fee alone. I think he'll be a credit to our EPL and look forward to seeing him in action if they do go up, but against a high quality Huddersfield side that is no foregone conclusion.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
At the time, I was shouting at the TV for the referee to book him. But I have to admit it was top, top shithousery and we'd love it if Big Bob had done it and got away with it.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I saw the thread title and was expecting to see a video of them doing a Strictly routine in celebration...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here