Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest v Albion moved to Monday 11th April - live on Sky

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
And that is where SKY and the League can get together to say right, we'll pick games with 6 or 7 weeks notice, which will allow train deals/change shifts/take holiday leave to be taken knowing that the game wouldn't change. At that range SKY can pretty much gauge who they would like to show.

Seems like a simple solution to me.

It's not a solution though is it. We'd still be losing a cracking Saturday away game with a big crowd that could potentially spur on the team to victory.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ffs, was going with my mate and our kids who were really looking forward to an away day.

They'll be gutted when I tell them in the morning

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm livid about this one. Am missing the Burnley game as we're going up to the Lakes, but consoled ourselves as we're coming back on Sat 9th, and was going to stop in Nottingham as a half-way point. Now it's another game we're going to miss as a result of my mate Rupert.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Losing track of this but I reckon about 12 or 13. Philosophically speaking I suppose, we as the fans, are paying for the success of the team. Pain in the arse but maybe a dry run for when we get into the Premier League. :wink:

Thing is, I think premier league would be better - most games are at least on the weekend - yes the times get moved but the game being moved to 12.30 (a la Burnley), whilst annoying, is considerably less inconvenient for most than a long trek to the Midlands on a Monday night. With all the European commitments plus longer runs in the cup there's very few evening games in the prem full stop. And on top of that, as others have said, we'd be a lot less of a draw compared to the 'big boys'.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Most are moaning about being messed about/out of pocket (understandably), however what worries me more than anything else is that this will effect the team's run in from the perspective of constantly changing KO times to the fact we will have less fans there than on a Saturday 3pm. This is just as relevant to home games as well as away. There would have been at least another 3k or so on the gate had Leeds been a Saturday 3pm.
I would like Barber to have a say. I have been thinking about getting the lad a ST but he's only 7 so no way could he go to games on a school night, too many are now moving to midweek evenings for me to get him one right now.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The home match against Fulham is on Friday 15 April, it's on the Friday because the Brighton Marathon is on the Sunday.
I think 2 million people are turning up for the marathon so the Albion can't play on the Saturday :whistle: WTF? ( someone may have to explain the real reason too me ) ???

Anyway, Sky you can have this game if you want. I've got a feeling they won't be interested though and would rather move another match.

Please, please leave the Charlton match alone.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
FFS I move to Hong Kong on that day and this was how I was saying goodbye to dad, brother, uncle and cousins....... **** sky right up the whats-it!!!! Multiple hotel rooms booked that are now useless too!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thing is, I think premier league would be better - most games are at least on the weekend - yes the times get moved but the game being moved to 12.30 (a la Burnley), whilst annoying, is considerably less inconvenient for most than a long trek to the Midlands on a Monday night. With all the European commitments plus longer runs in the cup there's very few evening games in the prem full stop. And on top of that, as others have said, we'd be a lot less of a draw compared to the 'big boys'.

We'd have a very strong chance of being shown on Mondays on Sky as they're often restricted to the middle/lower ranking teams for that slot with the leading clubs usually in European action on those weeks. Certainly in the months before Christmas anyway.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We'd have a very strong chance of being shown on Mondays on Sky as they're often restricted to the middle/lower ranking teams for that slot with the leading clubs usually in European action on those weeks. Certainly in the months before Christmas anyway.

Taking Norwich as an example, they have 10 games left this season - 9 are on Saturdays, 6 of which are at 3pm with a 12.45 and 2 x 5.30,plus the final game of the season on a Sunday. Can't see the times of games already played but vast majority appear to be Saturday fixtures. Would think they are a reasonable comparison for us if we go up.

el punal

True enough!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The home match against Fulham is on Friday 15 April, it's on the Friday because the Brighton Marathon is on the Sunday.
I think 2 million people are turning up for the marathon so the Albion can't play on the Saturday :whistle: WTF? ( someone may have to explain the real reason too me ) ???

Anyway, Sky you can have this game if you want. I've got a feeling they won't be interested though and would rather move another match.

Please, please leave the Charlton match alone.

The roads covering the Brighton Marathon will start having barriers erected, park & ride organised from Saturday afternoon, so playing on Saturday would delay that considerably.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Must be one of the few who are somewhat pleased as I shall now be able to see the game, where I wouldnt have

I suspect you are actually in the majority as we would have taken about 2000 to the game (including me) and considerably more can now see the game on the telly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here