Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forest Green tomorrow

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Winners!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Will we still be away or is it down to the draw now ?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Albion win 4-2 on penalties, scoring all four with two saves by our Canadian custodian.
Maybe we should have brought him on for the penalties in the FA Cup semi-final? Never has a keeper of ours looked less likely to save one than Big Rob.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Albion progress to the knock-out stages.
It’s not guaranteed is it? Shrewsbury beating Walsall by 4 goals would see them go through on goals scored.

Down to the draw now I think as Everton and Wolves both played their last 32 games at home last season.

Edit actually it seems as though group winners are home, runners up away but there have been some changes to that over the years.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It’s not guaranteed is it? Shrewsbury beating Walsall by 4 goals would see them go through on goals scored.

Down to the draw now I think as Everton and Wolves both played their last 32 games at home last season.

Edit actually it seems as though group winners are home, runners up away but there are some changes to that.
We now have 6 points. Shrewsbury have 2 and Walsall have 1; neither can catch us.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Thanks for response. What happens if we get drawn against a prem team or is it configured so this doesnt happen yet ?

Last season Wolves and Man Utd’s U21s played each other in the last 32. So I can happen.

We now have 6 points. Shrewsbury have 2 and Walsall have 1; neither can catch us.

Of course I forgot to factor in the bonus point for the penalty shoot out win.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
0-0 at half-time; nothing's happened. Clearly a stitch-up between two teams who know that a draw will almost certainly see them both progress from the group. Shrewsbury Town and Walsall fans will hate us for the next 40 years.
I can’t be going through the death threats stuff again

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I thought the match was on Thursday. Dies that mean I've booked a flight to Amsterdam for
nothing?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Last season Wolves and Man Utd’s U21s played each other in the last 32. So I can happen.

Of course I forgot to factor in the bonus point for the penalty shoot out win.
Edit just read newer post. thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here