Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forest away Things to do in Nottingham

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Having not been to Forest before and will be up there around midday before the match on the 26th have any of you got any good recommendations for places to visit in the area good pubs and near the ground walking distance parking advice, thanks in advance.

Also I see there's a couple of hundred seats left just in case anyone feels a bit poorly on the 26th and can't go to work that day.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Having not been to Forest before and will be up there around midday before the match on the 26th have any of you got any good recommendations for places to visit in the area good pubs and near the ground walking distance parking advice, thanks in advance.

Also I see there's a couple of hundred seats left just in case anyone feels a bit poorly on the 26th and can't go to work that day.
I've given you a few well worth going to about a mile from the ground.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

VAT and Fiddle - Castle Rock Brewery just down from the station

Up there with my favourite pubs in the country - friendly locals too.

A couple (or three) pints of Elsie Mo will give you a real buzz - good food - and a fifteen minute wander to the ground.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

A couple (or three) pints of Elsie Mo will give you a real buzz - good food - and a fifteen minute wander to the ground.
This.

Drink outside if it's sunny.

TBI and Larwood and Voce etc. will probably be home fans only nearer kickoff time.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

Oh er, ‘Elsie Mo will give you a real buzz’ is she expensive?

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I live in Nottingham city centre and there’s plenty of good places to eat and drink.

There are some good pubs fairly close to the ground but most are home fans only.
You’re best off drinking around the station where there is Vat and Fiddle, then over the road from the station there are some good pubs by the canal waterfront, Via Fosse and Canalhouse. Cured is on the same side as the station next to the canal and is a little small but is nice and serves some good light food.

If you wanted somewhere for food and drink then obviously Hooters is near the station.
In the city centre a few mins walk from the station there is a New York style bar called Blind Rabbit which has a nice beer garden at the front and serves good food too.
Toward the castle there is Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem which claims to be the oldest pub in England, and just off the market square is The Bell Inn which claims the same title.
Fothergills is just opposite the castle and is nice if the weathers good too.

Two other places you should consider are Bohns Burgers in Hockley, only a couple of minutes from the market square and it won Best Burger bar in the UK last year. It’s also next door to a Brewdog if that’s your sort of thing.
The other is Keans Head pub in the lace market. It has a great range of beer and serves homemade curries and Indian street food.

Other than that Hockley is your best bet if you wanted to look around cool independent shops and cafes.

Hope you enjoy the city, I’m looking forward to a game I can walk to for once!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

A few pints of Elsie Mo and you won't even notice the walk to the ground.

Several pleasant watering holes and restaurants along the banks of the Trent.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I would have thought robbing the rich and giving it to the poor would have been the obvious activity.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Going up on Seagull Coaches but if we get there early enough, will have a wander out to VAT ^ Fiddle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here