Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest approach Burton for Clough

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I have no idea why but I really want Nigel Clough to succeed, seems like a nice bloke I suppose with the burden of his dads success on his shoulders, and this is not the right time to go back there.

I'm not convinced his brand of football will be a success there even with the right kind of atmosphere at the club.

He thrives on the backs to the wall style and stabilisation impact his compact style produces a la Derby and Burton this season yet Forest have always been an expansive attractive team with the odd piece of flair in the side like Lansbury and in the old days people like Ian Woan or Collymore.

If he goes there this season he'll just be setting himself up for a fall when the club gets sold and the new owners want to bring in their own man. Or Fawaz will simple get tired of his attritional style and sack him.

Stick with what you know Nige would be my advice.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
He should wait around for a few more weeks and I'm sure the Norwich job will become available (but then I've been saying that since we beat them 5-0). Not going to do himself any favours by going to Forest, and could tarnish his reputation and relationship with the fans there when it inevitably goes wrong again there.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sky Sports News also reporting the 2 parties failed to reach agreement.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I like him, think he did a good job at Derby and built the team Schteve turned into high flying chokers

I wouldn't go that far. The man had Connor Samon Leading their line for christ's sake!

He did an amazing job of steadying the ship and making them robust yes, but not the foundations of the chokers.

He's done well to go back to a club and pick up where he left off and when the Forest gig wasn't what it was cracked up to be then showed good loyalty. I hope they stay up

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm not convinced his brand of football will be a success there even with the right kind of atmosphere at the club.

He thrives on the backs to the wall style and stabilisation impact his compact style produces a la Derby and Burton this season yet Forest have always been an expansive attractive team with the odd piece of flair in the side like Lansbury and in the old days people like Ian Woan or Collymore.

If he goes there this season he'll just be setting himself up for a fall when the club gets sold and the new owners want to bring in their own man. Or Fawaz will simple get tired of his attritional style and sack him.

Stick with what you know Nige would be my advice.

It would be my advice too. Having said that, I think the lure of a much bigger club with all it's history, and wanting to try to emulate his dad, will prove too much, and he will go.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't go that far. The man had Connor Samon Leading their line for christ's sake!

He did an amazing job of steadying the ship and making them robust yes, but not the foundations of the chokers.

He's done well to go back to a club and pick up where he left off and when the Forest gig wasn't what it was cracked up to be then showed good loyalty. I hope they stay up

Most of the team that McClaren took so close were Clough signings including Chris Martin I believe. He got shoddy treatment from Derby imo and McClaren inherited a very good squad

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If he goes to Forest he'll be shafted by circumstances and owners. If he stays at Burton he'll be labled 'frit'. What a sorry dilemma.

I expect he'll go and I hope it works out for him.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
9 of the Derby team that started in the play off away game second leg at Hull were signed by Clough - as mentioned by Clough tongue in cheek style explaining why he got the sack at Derby to local media before Burton beat Derby one nil

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
9 of the Derby team that started in the play off away game second leg at Hull were signed by Clough - as mentioned by Clough tongue in cheek style explaining why he got the sack at Derby to local media before Burton beat Derby one nil

He must have derived so much pleasure from that victory at Derby!

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Most of the team that McClaren took so close were Clough signings including Chris Martin I believe. He got shoddy treatment from Derby imo and McClaren inherited a very good squad

I happily stand corrected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here