Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those who went, who stood out at Burgess Hill today? (and who disappointed)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Buckley anyone??

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Early shout but Hoskins will be up there in the player of the season

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Buckley anyone??

Brief glimpses of promise, but a bit hot and cold today. CMS and Hoskins looked terrifying, first 25 minutes of their half every time we went forward we looked like scoring. Thought the trialist first half looked good, Bergkamp showed SOME decent hold up play but as others said wasn't a very physical first half at all. Thought Kassim played well too as did Smith.
Stand out player? Craig Noone.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
I've a real feeling that the price we paid for Hoskins is going to look very cheap in a few months time.

Whilst it was only 45 mins playing time, therefore a bit premature to make a real judgement I have to give a very big THIS, to this, based on today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously opinions differ from person to person. I thought the stand out player in the first half way Navarro as everything went through him and he showed his class and ability, obviously playing for a contract Berkamp showed that he has strength and the ability to hold up and lay the ball off. Buckley was a little off the boil and looked like the pitch was too small for him as he kept running out of space and Abamo the trialist at full back seemed to be confident on the ball and made some good runs forward so would like to see more of him before making a judgement. Cook did well and filled the role of El Abd quite well.

In the 2nd half Hoskins was the one who stood out alongside Noone the team looked better going forward 2nd half but were very slow in getting the ball forward to CMS who looked frustrated but showed that he will link up well with Hoskins. The downside was that CMS was holding his left thigh at the end of the match and called the physio over but hopefully it is only a slight twinge. CMS missed a couple of chances but showed that he has the ability to make these chances in the first place and will put a lot of them away during the season.

Last edited:

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Right back, looked like he had a Leon Knight type attitude. Probably a little unfair after 45 minutes but hey ho, first impressions. Bergkamp didn't do anything for me. Hoskins, CMS and Noone all looked lively.

Will post video shortly, once I get it on you tube. Hopefully within the hour, for those that want to see a couple of the goals.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Right back, looked like he had a Leon Knight type attitude. Probably a little unfair after 45 minutes but hey ho, first impressions. Bergkamp didn't do anything for me. Hoskins, CMS and Noone all looked lively.

Will post video shortly, once I get it on you tube. Hopefully within the hour, for those that want to see a couple of the goals.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've a real feeling that the price we paid for Hoskins is going to look very cheap in a few months time.

This. I actually think Hoskins is potentially as good as CMS. But I suspect CMS will be given closer attention by opposition defenders. Hoskins will score 20+ this season.

number9

Jun 8, 2011
Hoskins is a class act. I think he will be a big player for you this season. CMS and Hoskins will really be a handful together!

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
I thought we did ok. Was standing next to a Burgess Hill player in the 2nd half, he said BHA weren't event trying...and you could see that. The first half was a much slower tempo but our midfield looked good, up front less so, Barnes was ok, Bergkamp was a bit heavy handed, but his first game, so can't complain...too much. Second half midfield not as coherent, but CMS and Hoskins look very lively. Back four ok, but not tested at all really.

Best on the pitch for me:

Navarro
Dicker
Hoskins
Buckley
CMS

But what do I know?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
CMS and Hoskins looks like a partnership to me.
Although CMS should have scored, his movement is mustard. Hoskins is a clever player also.

Buckley i thought showed up well. He is a big lad, quick and if he had more room to run in would have murdered them, he looks a cracking buy to me on first showing.
Noone was also looking good 2nd half.

Bergkamp is a big fella. But put a shift in to be fair also

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here