Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] for those that are bothered - THE FIXTURES ARE OUT..

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Apparently Plucky Little Bournemuff v Palace could be the BBC's first live PL game. Thrill-an-hour stuff for the punters.

Apparently the 4 games that the BBC get are all the tenth pick of the ten games in that round.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Apparently the 4 games that the BBC get are all the tenth pick of the ten games in that round.

In fairness, I don't see why they should get any at all.
Nothing to stop them running Match of the day still, so hardly as if they have lost out.

Is it possible they have been given these games to make up for the fact that the revised Prem schedule will **** up any chance of the FA cup games being scheduled?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely exact timings of the first games will be coming very soon? Do we know when we're expecting them?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Surely exact timings of the first games will be coming very soon? Do we know when we're expecting them?

According to the BBC they are meeting today and:

'A fixture list for the first few rounds of the rebooted season are also due to be confirmed, along with kick-off times and broadcast plans, though it is understood there will be some leeway for clubs to offer feedback.'

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
According to the BBC they are meeting today and:

'A fixture list for the first few rounds of the rebooted season are also due to be confirmed, along with kick-off times and broadcast plans, though it is understood there will be some leeway for clubs to offer feedback.'

Sweet, ta.

I'm too excited about actual Brighton games going into my calendar.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When you look at the number of games to be played in such a short space of time it really is total bonkers that they are continuing with the FA Cup. What is the point?

With games involving those teams being rescheduled it is quite conceivable that the change in schedule could make the difference between a team going down or staying up. It just doesn't make sense.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No reason why the FA Cup can't be played as 1 week mini tournament after the PL finishes at the end of July.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Nothing to stop them running Match of the Day still, so hardly as if they have lost out.

Except they’d almost need to have Match of the Day on every day of the week, and there ain’t room in the schedule for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52843806

Hmmmm.....

_112547801_aarhusthree_afp.jpg

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Except they’d almost need to have Match of the Day on every day of the week, and there ain’t room in the schedule for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They used to have it twice a week anyway. nothing to stop them doing a Saturday and Sunday show, covering all games played in the week.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Zoom. Just watched the Arsenal Brighton game from a couple of years ago. Advertising around the ground was for Zoom but aimed purely at businesses. How times change.
And I understood it that Everton v Liverpool, plus I expect all Liverpool games until they win the league, are on FTA to stop large crowds gathering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here