Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those of us not going to Boro.....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Will we have nametags on our shirts?

"Hi There!
I'm StonehamPark!"
I'm not going to admit to being Triggaaar. I'm going to find a nice poster and pretend to be them.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm not going to admit to being Triggaaar. I'm going to find a nice poster and pretend to be them.

Sorted.

I'm going to pretend to be you then, and write on my name-tag:

"Hi Theyre!
I'm Triggaaar!"

Just for shits and gigs.
You'll have to reveal yourself after seeing the mistake, you wouldn't be able to help yourself. :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorted.

I'm going to pretend to be you then, and write on my name-tag:

"Hi Theyre!
I'm Triggaaar!"
:lol: I hope you can take a punch :D

You'll have to reveal yourself after seeing the mistake, you wouldn't be able to help yourself. :lolol:
What, as you're getting your head kicked in you think I'm going to take the fall? I'll help clean you up when they've gone, how about that?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
:lol: I hope you can take a punch :D

What, as you're getting your head kicked in you think I'm going to take the fall? I'll help clean you up when they've gone, how about that?

:lolol:
Maybe shot myself in the foot there.
I imagine there'd be a line out the door of people wanting to have a chat about you and your pedantry.

Though I can't think of anyone's name I could put on my tag that wouldn't warrant at least one punch?

Good idea for a poll though: "Which poster deserves the LEAST punches at a meet-up?"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Though I can't think of anyone's name I could put on my tag that wouldn't warrant at least one punch?
I'd go as James and the giant head, but my head isn't big enough to get away with it. I couldn't go as Steve Foster, everyone will put their beer on my tab. I think I'll go as Ernest, and just shout every fifth word.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ok I got the timings wrong they are all 12.30pm kick offs. I genuinely didn't think any of them were televised though smartarse.

Do you remember the Forest game with Ulloa's winner?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I would think most pubs in susex would have a few 'proper fans' inside given that brighton is in Sussex...

Yeah, but I think the OP was regarding packing out a big pub/venue with a load of supporters to create a decent atmosphere.
Many pubs on Bank Holiday Monday will be full of DFL's.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I could watch the game at home (let's face it, it will be on tellybox), but I don't want to. I could watch it in a myriad of pubs across Sussex but most of them will be populated bandwagonjumperonners who are there just because of the prospect of Prem football and the intrigue of could they get a ticket to see their adopted big club at The Amex.

What I really want is to watch it in a pub full of proper Albion fans who actually get to see most home games. Watching at The Amex would be OK, but maybe not enough spit and sawdust, so any suggestions or can NSC be the catalyst to arranging something? Somewhere in Brighton or Hove would be preferable.

Lagoon Bar function room holds 150 people.
Has 5 screens.
Own bar.

Looks decent.

The Gather Inn (Lagoon Bar)

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I have booked a weekend away in an old apple store, somewhere I can't get any phone reception, but has a village pub close enough to walk to get the last 10 minutes of the game!

My heart and nerves will take it no other way - I would like to live to see Brighton in the Premier League and feel this the best way to ensure I do!

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
:lolol:
Maybe shot myself in the foot there.
I imagine there'd be a line out the door of people wanting to have a chat about you and your pedantry.

Good idea for a poll though: "Which poster deserves the LEAST punches at a meet-up?"

Fewest.

Sorry, I deserve a punch for that.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I'm really looking forward to going to the Amex for the match. OK concourse screens aren't brill and huge screen in middle of pitch would be better but if we do prevail I want to be in the middle of the biggest bunch of Albion fans outside of Middlesbourgh.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Yeah, but I think the OP was regarding packing out a big pub/venue with a load of supporters to create a decent atmosphere.
Many pubs on Bank Holiday Monday will be full of DFL's.

Yeah, that would be great, but there is no real need for actively segregating yourself from new fans in sussex. We haven't all supported the albion for 115 years...all new fans should be welcomed.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Yeah, that would be great, but there is no real need for actively segregating yourself from new fans in sussex. We haven't all supported the albion for 115 years...all new fans should be welcomed.

I never mentioned segregation between new and older supporters?

I've always advocated newer supporters being involved as much as possible.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I never mentioned segregation between new and older supporters?

I've always advocated newer supporters being involved as much as possible.

Not hating or assuing you of anything mate. Just thinking of that snobby 'bloody new fans with their beards and primark jeans ' thread the other day. haha : )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here