Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the benefit of the complete and utter shyster

I edited my post....perhaps I should have put deleted ....sigh
Yes you should have, as we would have no chance of knowing that was your intention because you retained the quote :ffsparr:

Wasn't a smack though was it more like a shove ..
My video is missing some of the frames from MOTD. When it comes on iplayer from midnight, you will see that it was actually more of a punch than a smack. I sincerely hope that this was a one-off incident because otherwise it shows our most promising prospect has a nasty side to him. Can anybody remember any incident with Brooks either in this match or a previous one whereby this might have been a retaliatory action?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes you should have, as we would have no chance of knowing that was your intention because you retained the quote :ffsparr:

My video is missing some of the frames from MOTD. When it comes on iplayer from midnight, you will see that it was actually more of a punch than a smack. I sincerely hope that this was a one-off incident because otherwise it shows our most promising prospect has a nasty side to him. Can anybody remember any incident with Brooks either in this match or a previous one whereby this might have been a retaliatory action?

Yes ...I'll have a closer look

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
“Off you pop”

[tweet]1076879344549707776[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/MundialMag/status/1076879344549707776

I think this is the thing that grates most with Mike Dean. It's a hell of a difficult job being a ref and actually he didn't have a bad game yesterday (the incorrect yellow aside) but this "off you pop" nonsense, coupled with his attention seeking at Swansea last year and a very exaggerated shrug in front of us yesterday when Plucky were time wasting just winds me up. Its unprofessional - compare his body language with some of the decent refs and it's chalk and cheese.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Correct. A mistake, but not mistaken identity

Perhaps he thought that the foul that he definitely saw was committed by Dunk when it was by Bissouma so definitely mistaken identity as he got the wrong person who committed the foul.

No, that would be ridiculous.

Mistaken identity is when a referee confuses one player with another. Dean knew exactly well, that the player pushing Brooks was Bissouma, and knew exactly well that the player he adjudged to have deliberately blocked him off was Dunk.

HKF Club obviously knows more than the experts as in The Sun on Mon 24th (sorry cant copy and paste a link) Mark Halsey reporting on the red card said that it was the most clear case of mistaken identity as LD did nothing wrong and had Dean been a man he would have admitted his mistake in his official report. Also said that it would be overturned if we appealed , as we should, and had VAR been in operation it would have been overturned at the time.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Also, if he didn't know he'd been booked already, why didn't he make a fuss when he got the second yellow?

This is the telling thing for me. Dunk usually has no problem telling referees what he thinks (**** offffffffff at the penalty at Cardiff) but didn’t act like someone who didn’t know they’d been booked already on Saturday ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think this is the thing that grates most with Mike Dean. It's a hell of a difficult job being a ref and actually he didn't have a bad game yesterday (the incorrect yellow aside) but this "off you pop" nonsense, coupled with his attention seeking at Swansea last year and a very exaggerated shrug in front of us yesterday when Plucky were time wasting just winds me up. Its unprofessional - compare his body language with some of the decent refs and it's chalk and cheese.

This. He invites a lot of the hatred by intentionally winding fans up. It’s really unprofessional and quite childish for a grown man.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
More arrogant slapdashery from nobody's favourite referee last night. Schindler deserved a yellow for each of his fouls, but he also deserved to be told that he had been booked for the first challenge. Dean seems to think his job is to wave a card in the most stylish way he can manage whilst the cameras are on him, not to actually speak to the player he is supposed to be cautioning. It's referred to as a caution for a reason. I suppose we have to be grateful that the incompetent attention seeker at least got the right player this time.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
More arrogant slapdashery from nobody's favourite referee last night. Schindler deserved a yellow for each of his fouls, but he also deserved to be told that he had been booked for the first challenge. Dean seems to think his job is to wave a card in the most stylish way he can manage whilst the cameras are on him, not to actually speak to the player he is supposed to be cautioning. It's referred to as a caution for a reason. I suppose we have to be grateful that the incompetent attention seeker at least got the right player this time.

I have a bit of sympathy with Dean on that one, Schindler was completely deserving of both yellows and if he didn't realise he was booked, or think to check then he is an idiot and deserved his yellows then red. In fact, I said similar about Dunk that if he didn't know then he should have checked. Players are all too ready to give referees stick all game, but can't ask 'Am I in the book ref?'

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I have a bit of sympathy with Dean on that one, Schindler was completely deserving of both yellows and if he didn't realise he was booked, or think to check then he is an idiot and deserved his yellows then red. In fact, I said similar about Dunk that if he didn't know then he should have checked. Players are all too ready to give referees stick all game, but can't ask 'Am I in the book ref?'

You wouldn't dare ask Mike Dean that question - as if you weren't already, he'd probably have some sarky answer like 'No, but you are now' just like a little kid.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I agree. Not seen the tackles but by most accounts he deserved it. If players commit fouls like that, then there must be some expectation of a talking to from the ref. If the player can’t even be arsed to glance at the ref to confirm that, it’s his problem. How many times do we see referees asking a player repeatedly to come over, and said player disrespectfully turns his back and walks off?

In that context, I’m not sure I can entirely blame Mike Dean for playing them at their own game with his infamous “no look” yellow cards. I think it’s quite funny :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You wouldn't dare ask Mike Dean that question - as if you weren't already, he'd probably have some sarky answer like 'No, but you are now' just like a little kid.

Ha ha that does remind me of some 30 years ago in school when my form tutor gave me a detention for getting a detention from another teacher!

I was incredulous, complained to my head of year and got the 2nd detention rescinded. Wouldn't happen at the FA.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
In that context, I’m not sure I can entirely blame Mike Dean for playing them at their own game with his infamous “no look” yellow cards. I think it’s quite funny :lol:

Unfortunately he seems to agree that he is there to put on a show, not to do his job. The rule book says that the yellow card communicates a caution. If he doesn't ensure the player knows it has been issued, it communicates nothing.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Agree with that lot apart from the sympathy...I could never have sympathy for that guy

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Unfortunately he seems to agree that he is there to put on a show, not to do his job. The rule book says that the yellow card communicates a caution. If he doesn't ensure the player knows it has been issued, it communicates nothing.

Absolutely this. And if the player walks away when the ref is asking him to come to the ref, maybe it should be a second yellow and off!

I played rugby at school many years ago and, although not greatly enamoured of the game, one thing I did agree with was that if you argued with the referee, then you were sent off. Don't know if that still applies.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Absolutely this. And if the player walks away when the ref is asking him to come to the ref, maybe it should be a second yellow and off!

I played rugby at school many years ago and, although not greatly enamoured of the game, one thing I did agree with was that if you argued with the referee, then you were sent off. Don't know if that still applies.

not sure there is the wholesale disrespect of referees in RU that we see in Football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here