Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] For sale, Crystal Palace FC, asking price £210m, worth £700m within 5 years...a steal?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh, that's quite a different thing indeed, and not at all what the papers said. Any idea why Abramovic would care how much they spend over the next decade? And who are they answerable to if they don't?

While I'm not EP and have no idea, I'm going to treat this as a Bank Holiday quiz night and guess the answer "they're answerable to the legally binding contract signed as part of the sale".

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
While I'm not EP and have no idea, I'm going to treat this as a Bank Holiday quiz night and guess the answer "they're answerable to the legally binding contract signed as part of the sale".

I always thought any Palarse sale would take place at a Boot Fair, or even a Jumble Sale.
Maybe my weird SOH ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh, that's quite a different thing indeed, and not at all what the papers said. Any idea why Abramovic would care how much they spend over the next decade? And who are they answerable to if they don't?

The extra £1.75bn was part of the beauty parade in front of civil servants, fan groups, RA’s representatives etc that the Boehly group were ‘good guys’ and not in it for a quick buck. That’s why they gave a commitment not to join the SuperLeague when it arises in its next concoction (I’ve seen it and it’s horrible) and also to not extract any dividends for at least a decade.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I think he was attempting to pay the first installment of his British Citizen fee.
On a "why not? I'm marooned in the Med, ****ed or dead, now, by the look of it" basis.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But if they break the contract (not spending £1.75b) then the other party in the contract, who can claim against them, is Abramovic. Is he going to take them to court in the UK? It's just quite an unusual clause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here