Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] For Sale Channel 4.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Jordan Gray has been doing that in her Edinburgh Show all summer. It's no more outrageous than what C4 already does on 'Naked Attraction' every week and it was after the watershed. Blimey, how did you react back in the day when C4 used to make some programmes that really were subversive?

The whole of that Friday Night Live reboot was surprisingly good. Nice bit of nostalgia to see Enfield's characters back and a lot of the new acts were very good. Mawaan Rizwan, in particular, is always good value. I didn't think much of Gray's song myself, not for the nudity, but for the fairly transparent similarities to Bo Burnham's style, but it was nice to have live comedy with even a tiny sense of edge to it. Even Ben Elton harked back to his glory days with a couple of decent routines. When the BBC has cancelled Mock The Week after fairly obvious political pressure, it was good to see that C4's reaction to the same pressure was a squarely delivered good old fashioned British two fingered salute

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Jordan Gray has been doing that in her Edinburgh Show all summer. It's no more outrageous than what C4 already does on 'Naked Attraction' every week and it was after the watershed. Blimey, how did you react back in the day when C4 used to make some programmes that really were subversive?

The whole of that Friday Night Live reboot was surprisingly good. Nice bit of nostalgia to see Enfield's characters back and a lot of the new acts were very good. Mawaan Rizwan, in particular, is always good value. I didn't think much of Gray's song myself, not for the nudity, but for the fairly transparent similarities to Bo Burnham's style, but it was nice to have live comedy with even a tiny sense of edge to it. Even Ben Elton harked back to his glory days with a couple of decent routines. When the BBC has cancelled Mock The Week after fairly obvious political pressure, it was good to see that C4's reaction to the same pressure was a squarely delivered good old fashioned British two fingered salute

With you there , nothing trumps a women getting her cock out on TV for laughs :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Interesting that of all the programs on CH4, stretching right back to the 80’s, someone chooses the one with a trans person to highlight and focus their disdain on.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Splitting hairs here, I totally agree with the sentiment, however... If Channel 4 is sold, yet still shows programmes is the market less competitive? I
Slightly late reply, but the new Channel 4 owners would undoubtedly turn it into a large independent production company itself. Then it can own and exploit it's own intellectual property mostly overseas. It would also be "free" to make programmes for other broadcasters.

That's the normal model, but Channel 4 doesn't work like that. It was set up to challenge such monopolies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here