Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For anyone clued up about Government 'computers'

Citrus in Sheffield

Sep 16, 2005
S10
Kind of. I have a question.

Last summer I was on a 'working holiday' in Canada. In this, you are approved a 12 month working visa. You can only do this once, and then if you want to go back you have to apply for permenant citizenship.

My question is, if one was to re-apply, say with an Irish passport, would the Canucks ever figure out it was the same person? AND, if they did, what would the consequences be likely to be?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Canada are shit hot on immigration, Ive had a problems before getting in just to work for a few days

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Possibly.

The consequences would likely be deportation and, due to reciprocal agreements, never getting a visa for anywhere that requires one ever again.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Britain, if your passport was an Irish one issued to a British resident; or Ireland if you'd used an address here.

Wouldn't matter really as you've free travel between the two states no matter what you've done in the past - you wouldn't be trapped in Dublin.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Not going to take rocket science for Canadian Immigration to work out that you are the same person, as you have the same name and date of birth. And they'll probably have your picture on file.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here