Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For all those moaning about the International break..............

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Brilliant day. I remembered this match while watching the Norwich match the other week. The Northwich match after a while it felt like the defence were simply not there - whereas against Norwich the problem was a sensationally clumsy keeper (obviously the two Brighton team's should not be compared to each other - just the matches). I had remembered Gatts, Jake, Kuipers and Tiny - I think I'd have been guessing about who else was present though

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Sat in the hospital listening to that on headphones whilst my wife was in labour. She got well irritated.
Giving birth can be irritating I'm told. Smarts a little. Probably wise to have taken the headphones!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
For some reason, I seem to remember a wet walk back from Withdean to the Brewery Tap after that game, though I might be wrong, as it would have been one of many. We were walking with a small group of Northwich Victoria fans and I felt completely tongue tied, wondering what one could say - "bad luck" was hardly appropriate.

Does anyone remember what happened to us after that game in the FA Cup? I know we beat Stafford Rangers, either 3-0 or 4-0, but I can't remember what happened after that. I thought it was the following season we went out feebly to Mansfield. I remember that in that game Mansfield had Jake Buxton playing for them, who subsequently played for Derby when they beat us in the Play Offs at the end of the 2013-2014 season.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
For some reason, I seem to remember a wet walk back from Withdean to the Brewery Tap after that game, though I might be wrong, as it would have been one of many. We were walking with a small group of Northwich Victoria fans and I felt completely tongue tied, wondering what one could say - "bad luck" was hardly appropriate.

Does anyone remember what happened to us after that game in the FA Cup? I know we beat Stafford Rangers, either 3-0 or 4-0, but I can't remember what happened after that. I thought it was the following season we went out feebly to Mansfield. I remember that in that game Mansfield had Jake Buxton playing for them, who subsequently played for Derby when they beat us in the Play Offs at the end of the 2013-2014 season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/6214031.stm

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well, I'm still moaning about the International break. I HATE them, especially now that there seem to be so many of them it feels like the league programme now fits around the Internationals - rather than the other way around.

It is a rainy Saturday in mid-November - PERFECT for a 3pm kick-off with squally rain swirling down under the lights onto a slick, glistening pitch. But what do have - nothing! The fact that these internationals are rubbish anyway and I couldn't care less about the England team just adds insult to injury.

What a wasted perfect day for Championship football.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes

Yes, I have a similar memory. We were parked at Mill Road and on the bus down I remember several Northwich fans telling us they were going to get the draw on the day and beat us back at their place (I was fairly diplomatic - I reckoned we would get through by a goal or two but certainly wouldn't have ruled out a surprise). On the return bus, funnily enough, several of the same fans were on there totally shell-shocked. I didn't want to make it any worse for them but all I could manage was "I hope the roads are nice and clear for your journey home"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hammond is a free agent.
Signed permanently for Sheff Utd at the end of his loan spell last season when Adkins was still there, but instantly transfer listed by Wilder when he took charge and left by mutual consent in August.

Would have suited Crawley short term while they wait for Cox to be able to play for them, although not a wide midfielder.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That must have passed me by. Also can't believe the programme was £3.

That's nearly as much as today's....no wonder we are losing £20M a season :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here