Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For 1901 members only - please

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
However, I would have liked to sit in "my owned" seat for things like an Under 21 international - the Sussex Senior Cup Final - and other smallish events - even if they are nomially controlled by other organisers. This should not be beyond the negotiation skills of the club for its highest paying customers. From memory the Under-21 international was offered at some silly price for a "Bobby Moore" package or something similarly uncomfortably named, which put me off going altogether.

Could you not have simply bought one of the thousands of seats that were available for £5 or so for each of those games?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not an issue for us I'm afraid. Unsurprisingly and not unreasonably the lounges offer the highest price tickets for events........well out of our affordability league. The chances of us wanting to buy our seats for any event are pretty much zilch and certainly not about to make (or support the making of) a fuss.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Sounds like an idiot bitter at 'missing' a rugby game looking to stir up trouble. Get a life, the fixed 1901 cost (2011) played against the current WSL seat is probably not much different in price

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ingredients

2 tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
1 tbsp reduced-sugar ketchup
2 tbsp chopped dill
1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
100g pack cooked and peeled North Atlantic prawns
½ cucumber, deseeded and diced
2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
20g bag rocket
2 slices wholemeal bread

Method

Make the dressing in a medium bowl. Mix the mayonnaise, ketchup, half the dill, the juice from 4 of the lemon wedges and some seasoning. Toss in the prawns cucumber and tomatoes.

Arrange the bread on 2 plates, top each with rocket and pile on the prawn filling. Scatter with remaining dill and serve with the lemon wedges, for squeezing over.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Speaking as a 1901 member with a number of seats, I have no desire to take the club to court.

However, what was sold to us by the club has not been fulfilled on many levels and I actually feel seriously let down by them. I didn't buy these seats to be treated in a 'privileged' or 'special' manner but the way the club has reneged on promises and the way they continue to ignore valid concerns has really left a sour taste in my mouth and many others.

I will always support the team and love the club but the last 4 years have proved to me that they couldn't care less. They are quite happy to take thousands of pounds off me every year though!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What does our final contract say-that is what counts.

This is the issue. What was offered and what the final contract stated differed quite significantly. When I spoke to the club I had two very specific questions both which were answered positively and neither materialised in the final contract.

And before you suggest I didn't have to sign the deal, the contracts were delayed and delayed and delayed and came out almost as the season was upon us and after all other season ticket sales had been completed. I had little option but to sign as the options for 3 tickets elsewhere including my disabled father were slim to zero.

To me this was only mild disappoint but I can understand why others are frustrated and want answers. And I can understand why some might resort to legal action if they feel they are not being heard; if you radically increase costs then equally people start to raise their expectations and demands. No one gave a fig at Withdean but when you start paying thousands for a ticket and have the financial pips squeezed out of you everywhere else this changes. I won't be getting involved though.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Speaking as a 1901 member with a number of seats, I have no desire to take the club to court.

However, what was sold to us by the club has not been fulfilled on many levels and I actually feel seriously let down by them. I didn't buy these seats to be treated in a 'privileged' or 'special' manner but the way the club has reneged on promises and the way they continue to ignore valid concerns has really left a sour taste in my mouth and many others.

I will always support the team and love the club but the last 4 years have proved to me that they couldn't care less. They are quite happy to take thousands of pounds off me every year though!

I had a chance to buy own seat, or one very near for the reasonable price of £565, however I passed on the opportunity in favour of not bothering. However, notwithstanding the rugby, 1901ers have no been treated very well in many aspects of what has been laid down. I do think that the poor performance of the team has not helped, but the delivery of such basics as drinks and food has been very poor and driven many away from spending money in the club itself.
The poorest aspect of the1901ers and many season ticket holders, I the feeling of arrogance from the club in terms of service and any form of change. Still after four seasons there is a bar in the1901 that does not supply brandy, after 2.pm on match days we have to drop down below the stands to purchase our choice of pie and the meals supplied are never on time, of poor quality an just simply way overpriced. 1901ers are generally small businessmen, retired people or employees of companies who purchased the tickets, they are not corporate moguls paying top prices to watch lower championship level football. The club has profiled the 1901 club completely wrongly and will be losing members next year should the football be of the same poor quality as this year. Perhaps that is what the club wants.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I did buy for a Sussex Senior Cup Final at £10 and enjoyed it. But my point is answering the apparent complaint that the 1901 club is not really a club at all. My expectation was that I'd be able attend all sorts of additional events within the same area - sitting in my seat for Albion games - and buying the opportunity to sit in the same seat for other events, and enjoying the facilites (bar / food) as for all Albion games. This concept doesn't appear to exist.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Whinging corporates, whatever next......

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I did buy for a Sussex Senior Cup Final at £10 and enjoyed it. But my point is answering the apparent complaint that the 1901 club is not really a club at all. My expectation was that I'd be able attend all sorts of additional events within the same area - sitting in my seat for Albion games - and buying the opportunity to sit in the same seat for other events, and enjoying the facilites (bar / food) as for all Albion games. This concept doesn't appear to exist.

Definatley not a Club that's for sure. No committee, therefore, no committee members , no democratic decisions. I was told that if I didn't like the way it 'works' then I could have money back and get a regular ST.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well I remember the Aussie bloke at the presentations telling us all that when the seats went in there would have so much room in front of your seat that you wouldn't have to move to let someone pass.

I have sat in various parts of the ground and this is patently not true.

I will take the *******s to court over this misrepresentation.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well I remember the Aussie bloke at the presentations telling us all that when the seats went in there would have so much room in front of your seat that you wouldn't have to move to let someone pass.

I was told at my presentation the football played would always be entertaining, think I will contact trading standards.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

The full quote was pass wind

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
There are 4 'seats for life' in my row OUTSIDE 1901 so 'only' in the title shows some ignorance and the truth is none of us give a monkeys about rugger shows even more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here