Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Footgolf

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpegNot played Footgolf but went to TOP GOLF today in Chigwall Essex
A cross between a driving range and ten pin bowling
Every ball has a chip in and measures your ball distance plus 10 flags/greens on the driving range with a radar telling you how close to the selected flags (so equals a scoring system as in ten pin bowling)
Absolutely mobbed, waitress service coming to your driving range booth with food and drink
Be great to have one in Sussex

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It is free through the NHS and doctor.

Why is it free (it's not as it has to be paid for)? Surely they should charge.

My doctor wants me to start exercising after my knee op, perhaps the nhs will pay for my golf rounds.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
View attachment 76446Not played Footgolf but went to TOP GOLF today in Chigwall Essex
Every ball has a chip in and measures your ball distance plus 10 flags/greens on the driving range with a radar telling you how close to the selected flags (so equals a scoring system as in ten pin bowling)
Absolutely mobbed, waitress service coming to your driving range booth with food and drink

There is one in addlestone and the one in Watford is exceptional.

As for footgolf, it's great fun but I really don't recommend the waterhall course, play somewhere flatter, I think there is a good one in Crawley.

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
Have played at Rookwood in Horsham ( awful course with no effort or thought put in ) but have played Tilgate in Crawley. Great all day price ( Was £10 last summer ) and plays along side the Par 3 course. Really good day out and well worth a visit

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I've played at the one in Rustington, which runs alongside the par 3 golf course.

Being both a keen footballer and golfer, I thought it would be very easy. But for the effort it takes to hit a golf ball 100 yards, you'd be surprised at just how far away that is to kick a football!

Don't play on a windy day, as it can be almost impossible to get the ball to stop at times. Putting I find a lot easier using your toes rather than a regular side-foot pass. I've only ever played with my son, but I can imagine with a sizeable group of lads it would be a great laugh!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
View attachment 76446Not played Footgolf but went to TOP GOLF today in Chigwall Essex
Went to the one in Watford years ago and beat Michael Palin according to the scoreboard!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here