Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football shirt collections

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have just discovered Football Town. I guess they are reminiscent of TOFFS. I quite like "The Seagull". In fact I probably will purchase when I next get paid.

Was going to get one till I got to the checkout and saw the 11 quid shipping fee.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I’m also a big fan of obscure kits, and these days tend to increase my collection with shirts from far and wide as I have all the Brighton shirts now. ConIFA shirts are prized, as are lower league shirts from the USA. Generally anything that catches my eye. I’m slowly building a collection of Sussex team shirts too. I try to pick up a shirt or two when I’m away on holidays, and when travelling around the UK I look for non league grounds to visit and see what I can find.
Collection stands around 500 shirts, not as many as some but for me each shirt has a bit of a story. This is my footie shirt room at the moment
166bdc4e21ef4dcab62d3daa4e66e930.jpg

On a domestic topic, do you swiffer the wooden floors with any shirts, say from the Croydon area ???
Great collection BTW :thumbsup:

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I’m also a big fan of obscure kits, and these days tend to increase my collection with shirts from far and wide as I have all the Brighton shirts now. ConIFA shirts are prized, as are lower league shirts from the USA. Generally anything that catches my eye. I’m slowly building a collection of Sussex team shirts too. I try to pick up a shirt or two when I’m away on holidays, and when travelling around the UK I look for non league grounds to visit and see what I can find.
Collection stands around 500 shirts, not as many as some but for me each shirt has a bit of a story. This is my footie shirt room at the moment
166bdc4e21ef4dcab62d3daa4e66e930.jpg

Impressive!!

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
So, one WhatsApp challenge me and a few friends completed in this time of social distancing was the share our football shirt collections, some of which came with some interesting stories.

It has gotten me tempted to add to my collection - and I wanted to know the best places to look both price and availability wise? I am of course aware of oldfootballshirts - find it a great database.

If it’s not too “sad”, feel free to post photos/links to your own collections also.

Picked this up on classicfootballshirts.co.uk

Have been looking for one for years but have always been in a crap state.

94623655_2604120803181348_6582043952419962880_n.png

*edit - sorry the price is on there, bit of a crass thing to do. Not sure how you crop photos here.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really makes me wish I’d kept more shirts from my youth. Shamefully I had a number of Aston Villa shirts in my youth - Muller, Acorns, LDV Vans etc - but also an England Euro 96 away, and a Fiorentina shirt from the 90s with Nintendo as the sponsor - some of these might’ve been worth a little bit now from the looks of prices online.

Jul 7, 2003
I remember selling one of my old shirts to [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] a few years ago in return for a donation to REMF. Nice to see it is being looked after far better than I would have kept it.

My son now wears all my old shirts as he prefers them to the retro remakes that the club sells. [MENTION=24502]81jamie[/MENTION] - he is wearing my old one of those shirts today.

Not that I would be able to get into them these days but I am gutted that my favourite Albion shirts were all worn out and then thrown away. Always loved the three Ribero shirts - the TSB home shirt (but not the matching shorts!), the 'pink' away shirt and the chewit wrapper. Every so often I hunt around to see if there might be one available in fat bloke size but I know it is a forlorn hope.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
A good mate of mine decided to collect Shots shirts from 86 onwards his 1st season ,he stands 3 short of his goal .If anyone comes across a yellow tag motors 3rd away kit 86/87 or a light blue kit only wore at Wrexham in 89 give us a shout ,would make his day.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You don’t have a particular go to site or two, where you know prices will be decent? Or just eBay?

Because of this thread I thought I would look at the Albion shirts on EBay, there are some very expensive shirts on there at the moment.
I don't collect shirts but have bought a few on eBay in the past,i just put in bids for cheap shirts when I was searching for other Albion memrobilia.
When things are back to normal it maybe worth looking in charity shops and car boot sales.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Because of this thread I thought I would look at the Albion shirts on EBay, there are some very expensive shirts on there at the moment.
I don't collect shirts but have bought a few on eBay in the past,i just put in bids for cheap shirts when I was searching for other Albion memrobilia.
When things are back to normal it maybe worth looking in charity shops and car boot sales.

Flavour of the month kicked in ever since the Amex era. The increase in fans, the exposure afforded when Sky Sports decided they loved the place, prices on eBay increased significantly, and since the promotion to the top flight prices have increased further. There are now global collectors who want a Brighton shirt in their collection, and there are new fans who want to build a collection. Some of the early Skint shirts are very highly sought after, for the reasons already mentioned, and the link to Fatboy Slim which has become known about more widely for the same reasons.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Flavour of the month kicked in ever since the Amex era. The increase in fans, the exposure afforded when Sky Sports decided they loved the place, prices on eBay increased significantly, and since the promotion to the top flight prices have increased further. There are now global collectors who want a Brighton shirt in their collection, and there are new fans who want to build a collection. Some of the early Skint shirts are very highly sought after, for the reasons already mentioned, and the link to Fatboy Slim which has become known about more widely for the same reasons.

My wife has kept our sons shirts going back to the early days at Withdean, the shirts are all boxed up, we will definitely keep them.
I've got the home and away shirts from the first season at Withdean, the red and black away shirt I bought very cheap in the club shop when the club changed to the new shirts.
The home one is a match shirt worn by Martin Ling, I got this in the first Queens Road club shop for £12.00 :)
I think the shirt was put on sale when the player left, think I must have gone into the shop at the right time.

I bought a sky blue IT First signed shirt for £7.00 at a football tournament stall.
I also have got a David Livermore match worn IT First match worn shirt, I got this on eBay for less than £15, I wasn't sure it was a players shirt when I saw it, but I'm not sure any adult would have got this shirt printed up with name, number and patches for this player.:smile:

And thats why I havent put any effort in to my Albion shirts for about 6 years! Lagging behind now............

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Superphil do you own this away beauty?

D0449B4A-A329-4665-B8A7-16308B884518.jpeg

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I’ve got a few, about 170ish I think, all Albion. About 1/4 are signed by various players.

Got this one off of OGH

88e297e4624303f0aaf21d2682d6416e.plist
18a72144b93e584fea40f9a72435ce6f.plist

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ah shit. Just bought Lyon 19/20 and Atletico Madrid 19/20 home shirts. This hobby could get expensive.

Really want the Lyon 18/19 home (below) in M or L, if anyone happens to come across one.

37739133_l.jpg

Is there rehab for this addiction?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here