Football rumours

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That site now saying Brentford will sign Josh McCrecan from Chelsea on 4 yr contract for £600k. He is one that would fit into our team well.

I know you like him BG and have identified him before, but for the life of me I can't see it myself. Highly overrated and no better than what we already have IMO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Sun on line says Leeds are lining up a bid for Steve Sidwell another attacking midfielder. I think we need an 8 -10 goal midfielder. Another suggestion Lewis McGuggan.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
2 interesting pieces on there today.
1. Us and Ipswich after AUSTRALIAN Left Midfielder Tommy Oar 23 years old who plays for Utrecht.
2. Portsmouth to about to sign Ricardo Vaz Tee.

Not saying either are true just interesting speculation.

Tommy Oar situation looks likely to be decided this week, he says he has offers pretty much across Europe, from "more or less Top Flight clubs", sounds like at least one Championship side has made an offer.
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/decision-time-oar-chews-over-top-flight-offers

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
[tweet]618839228361805824[/tweet]

As a Brighton fan with a soft spot for Barnet I really hope this doesn't happen.

Nearly £2,000,000 for a player who hasn't been prolific until he dropped in to the Conference over the last couple of seasons is f*cking ludicrous amounts of money.

I'd be more than happy to see him stay with Barnet and fire them in to the top half of L2. :wink:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Surely not... we must have learned our lower league striker lesson by now, surely!?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
As a Brighton fan with a soft spot for Barnet I really hope this doesn't happen.

Nearly £2,000,000 for a player who hasn't been prolific until he dropped in to the Conference over the last couple of seasons is f*cking ludicrous amounts of money.

I'd be more than happy to see him stay with Barnet and fire them in to the top half of L2. :wink:

Completely agree. Living in North London, I see quite a lot of Barnet (8 or 9 games last year) when Albion aren't playing. Akinde was superb for them in the Conference and I'm pretty sure he'll do well in League 2. Can't see him doing well in the Championship though and I would be shocked if anyone offered close to that much money for him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A lot of speculation on there about players for Burnley like Dwight Gayle, Will Hughes etc. Just shows what the parachute money can do if proved to be true.

Also GM to Bristol City but the price of £1.5m is poving an obstacle. If that is CPFC valuation would prove a better buy than signing BZ.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports