Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Programmes (Printed) under threat of being discontinued

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'm going to buy the programme tomorrow night - not because it's United - but because it's the final home game and the vast majority of the statistics from the season will be in it. I used to be an avid collector of football programmes but my collection has long since disappeared through various house moves etc. I had some real good 'uns too. :(

Friday not tomorrow! (Wouldn’t want you making a wasted trip).

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think its a fair point. Football programmes are more like magazines these days and are very far removed from the simple publications they were back in the '70s. The irony is that with the internet it should have gone the other way. I have decided not to buy any more programmes from next season. As mentioned on here before I would buy a slimmed down (and cheaper) programme containing manager's notes, fixtures/scores and info about the opposition as this is enough to read/scan at half time like I used to in days gone by.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I'm going to buy the programme tomorrow night - not because it's United - but because it's the final home game and the vast majority of the statistics from the season will be in it. I used to be an avid collector of football programmes but my collection has long since disappeared through various house moves etc. I had some real good 'uns too. :(

Same, used to be a collector, and had a few pretty good / worth a few quid ones.
Left them all in a box in my bro's garage when I went abroad for a bit and came back to boxes of mush after he had a leak.
Was pretty gutted at the time, as used to collect autographs on them, and had some classics handed down to me, (Eng 1966 WC final signed, Man Utds pre / during / after Munich games)

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
I noticed this week when I put the Spurs programme on top of the others from this season that if you look at the spines all together it shows a picture of Bruno with The Amex as a backdrop ( God our club is so classy ! ) - glad I didn't miss Watford or most of his face would be missing ! It made all my £3.50 's even more worth it.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I particular enjoy programmes from away grounds. Last seasons best in my opinion was Wolves (great cover) and this year to date is Burnley’s. Both non-glossy and interesting features with good retro sections. Would put ours as amongst the best too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here