Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football on Cruise ships

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I was on a Royal Carribean cruise in the summer. They showed Liverpool v Norwich on the first day of the season, but were unable to show any of the Ashes.
They said it was something to do with licensing, but they couldn't really explain why football was OK, and cricket not.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
note to self- next time anyone on NSC wants advice treat them the way they treat you

Calm down. Sounds like you need a holiday

kennyb

May 23, 2004
We went on a RC cruise from Southampton last year and I watched Brighton v Man Utd onboard. I think they had every game televised by Sky and BT Sports available. I'd be very surprised if the cup final was not shown.

Thank You

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
With all due respect to the OP, why the hell would anyone want to be stuck on a boat with a load of CJTCs for days on end, having dullard couple Maureen and Ken from Havant sitting across from you at the dining table breakfast, lunch and dinner; b-list cabaret troupes singing and dancing the songs from the shows, school play standard productions of Phantom of the Opera or Les Mis? My idea of absolute hell.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With all due respect to the OP, why the hell would anyone want to be stuck on a boat with a load of CJTCs for days on end, having dullard couple Maureen and Ken sitting across from you at the dining table breakfast, lunch and dinner; b-list cabaret troupes singing and dancing the songs from the shows, school play standard productions of Phantom of the Opera or Les Mis? My idea of absolute hell.

So we'll put you down as a 'maybe' then?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
With all due respect to the OP, why the hell would anyone want to be stuck on a boat with a load of CJTCs for days on end, having dullard couple Maureen and Ken from Havant sitting across from you at the dining table breakfast, lunch and dinner; b-list cabaret troupes singing and dancing the songs from the shows, school play standard productions of Phantom of the Opera or Les Mis? My idea of absolute hell.

So you can watch the Cup Final, obvs.

:shrug:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

3rd page jealousy/never tried it post

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
With all due respect to the OP, why the hell would anyone want to be stuck on a boat with a load of CJTCs for days on end, having dullard couple Maureen and Ken from Havant sitting across from you at the dining table breakfast, lunch and dinner; b-list cabaret troupes singing and dancing the songs from the shows, school play standard productions of Phantom of the Opera or Les Mis?

Then, just when you think it can't get any worse, comes the announcement

Ladies & gentlemen, tonight's very special guest, Ms....Jane.....McDONALD!

L9v8jX.gif

Puncture all the lifejackets and throw me into the Atlantic.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Where is Smudge when you need him...........

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to22rRnK7gE

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
So a cruise ship travels up to 30 knots, which is pretty the same as the 30 to 40 mph a yoof can kick a ball, therefore you should be able to have a decent game of football on a cruise ship, against yourself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here