Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Managers That Seem To Have Disappeared From The Game

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Steve Coppell.

He was fantastic in his spell as our manager and I was desperate for him to return at the time Poyet got the job.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sacked by Schalke. Did an appalling job.

Is that right? Pleasing news if true. The love-in about him and Huddersfield - ludicrously endorsed by many on NSC - was nauseating.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Gus Poyet

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Brian Horton
Mickey Adams

Now runs a 'sports consultancy' firm, having admitted that he lost the appetite for actual club management - after all, the latter part of his career was hardly covered in glory: manager of Port Vale (twice), Sheffield United, Tranmere Rovers, and Sligo Rovers.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Tim Sherwood - supposed to be the next big thing
Roy Keane
John Barnes
Tony Adams - or is he still out in Azerbaijan?

Or those thar dunked out by doing tv
Gary Neville
Alan Shearer

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Chris Turner

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Paul Clement, was supposed to be the cats knackers when we appointed Hyppia, rumours at the time that he turned us down because we were to small? He was the ex assistant manager at Real Madrid y'know...

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Sacked by Schalke. Did an appalling job.

Can't really blame Wagner for Schalke's demise. He done okay when he first went in. The whole club has been a mess for a while now. Since he was sacked a few months back, his successor has picked up a grand total of two points. Tells you everything about the state of the club.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Can't really blame Wagner for Schalke's demise. He done okay when he first went in. The whole club has been a mess for a while now. Since he was sacked a few months back, his successor has picked up a grand total of two points. Tells you everything about the state of the club.

I quite agree Schalke are a mess, they almost have a bit of the Sunderland about them, they can’t help but cock things up.
But he really didn’t do very well at all, I was surprised he stayed in the job as long as he did.

Schalke really are the biggest sleeping giants in Europe. If I was a billionaire investor and the ownership rules in Germany allowed it, out of all clubs they would be the one I would go for. Could be quite special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here