Football (manager) genius news

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oct 16, 2008
Former Brighton and Woking midfielder John Crumplin has taken over as manager at Sussex County League club Redhill.

Crumplin quit as Crawley Down boss on Tuesday to take up the position with the Lobsters.

The same day Redhill ended weeks of speculation when they confirmed Stuart McIntyre was stepping down from the Division One side.

Crumplin said he was looking forward to the challenge of getting Redhill promoted. "They are an ambitious club and I want to help them get into the Ryman League," he said.

"Crawley Down aren't happy about it. But the club is run by a terrific bunch of people who have made me feel so welcome.

"I feel a bit guilty [about leaving] but I wanted to progress and better myself and I think Redhill will help me do that."

In a statement Crawley Down said they were "disappointed" with the ease at which Crumplin had made the decision to move after the initial approach adding "as he had agreed in the close season to commit to the job for the season."

Crumplin's first game will be a RUR Cup third round tie at home to Shoreham.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I just searched google images for "Johnny Crumplin" Out of 35 results, all but 2 were from NSC

:lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If you search for "John Crumplin" none of the returns are from NSC

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do you know what, I saw that too, but didn't register. I think my powers of observation have been removed. Sorry for any offense caused.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I refereed in the August at Crawley Down and met the man himself. Seems a nice bloke, had a chat with him etc and he had quite a tight ship run there with the club..and they won 3-0 which could have been 10. Good luck to him at Redhill however, I can understand why CD are so pissed off.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
no lobster on their logo, the plonkers .. they've missed a trick there.

redhill-fc.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports