Football League Tonight part deux.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I don't know why people get so precious about it. Next year we may not feature on it at all.

There as been enough people comment on how rubbish the program is but people still watch it. For me it's simple, if you don't like it don't watch it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I don't know why people get so precious about it. Next year we may not feature on it at all.

There as been enough people comment on how rubbish the program is but people still watch it. For me it's simple, if you don't like it don't watch it.

We watch it because it's called "football league tonight" and we're in the football league. I want to see a programme that tells me about our rivals and their travails as much as I'm watching for our performance.

It's just peculiar that teams like Leeds, who are shit by anyone's measure, get featured week in and week out whilst we are an afterthought.
I agree that one response is just to not watch it but that's not the point. It's not fair and it's not decent to have a show dedicated to the best of the league which constantly overlooks it's strongest team in favour of the so- called "giants" in our league. Leeds barely half fill Elland road anymore and Forest are not the team they once were yet they are regularly given far more respect than us.
It's up to C5 to provide a balanced show. They're not doing that so I'm unhappy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We watch it because it's called "football league tonight" and we're in the football league. I want to see a programme that tells me about our rivals and their travails as much as I'm watching for our performance.

It's just peculiar that teams like Leeds, who are shit by anyone's measure, get featured week in and week out whilst we are an afterthought.
I agree that one response is just to not watch it but that's not the point. It's not fair and it's not decent to have a show dedicated to the best of the league which constantly overlooks it's strongest team in favour of the so- called "giants" in our league. Leeds barely half fill Elland road anymore and Forest are not the team they once were yet they are regularly given far more respect than us.
It's up to C5 to provide a balanced show. They're not doing that so I'm unhappy.

I dont disagree with what you are saying but could it not be because both Leeds and Nottinghm Forest have a greater national following than us and this is a national channel not regional.

D

Deleted member 22389

Honestly that coverage was a ****ing joke, it was embarrasing. Channel 5 will be the first to give us extended highlights when we get beat, I can bet you.

I purposely didn't look at the Sky Sports link on here as I was looking forward to watching the show on Channel 5. Yesterday was a brilliant match.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
It is crap & they are not alone in being the only channel that dismiss us. All of the pundits & so called experts don't rate us. Long may it continue, as when our day comes, it will be so much sweeter.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well next season I hope we don't feature on it> that will be because we are on Match of the Day every week!

For this season at least, most of us have to put up with Channel 5's scant offerings, simply because unless you want to pay to suscribe to Seagull Player, there is virtually no where else to see extended highlights.

D

Deleted member 22389

What pisses me off is all the teams around us had time in the Premier League, they where given a lot of money and they ****ed it up. It's about time the footballing goods gave us a shot in the promised land for a change.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I dont disagree with what you are saying but could it not be because both Leeds and Nottinghm Forest have a greater national following than us and this is a national channel not regional.

Not anymore they don't. Leeds can't half fill Elland road and forests days of glory are a distant memory. I remember that, when we played Leeds at withdean, the South stand was packed with the filthy yorky inbreds with their comedy accents and puffa jackets...one even attempted to kick off in h block...those days are happily over,

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
..Even the dispute over the pie tax at Elland road was given preeminence over us ffs! That and what seemed to be a bunch of Leeds fans attacking each other.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Was dire for sure. I have no issue with opening with the Thurs/Friday games, as it sets up the situation re the table. But then ought be top sides game, and then next big game. The truncated coverage of ours was awful

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Was dire for sure. I have no issue with opening with the Thurs/Friday games, as it sets up the situation re the table. But then ought be top sides game, and then next big game. The truncated coverage of ours was awful

Well it wasn'te even 'coverage' was it? Just poor old Virgs stopping and starting the vt, and making what were supposed to be sensible comments. As a result l ended up totall confused, and shortchanged.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Great post. I used to think the written media had some problem with us. If we did manage a paragraph when top of the division, it always seemed to reflect the opposition and never us. Then last night I really couldn't believe the coverage of the best game of the day. If as seems to be, we are the elephant in the room, nice to support a big f..king elephant of a team.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
BBC FA cup programme on now even mentioned our fantastic comeback!

Maxx

Aug 29, 2015
I work for an external company on this show and it typically shows three 'featured' matches per week. Two of these matches are Sky productions from Friday night and Saturday lunchtime, and the other match is a Channel 5 production which is picked months in advance.

It does seem frustrating that the team that is unbeaten and top of the league aren't given extended highlights every week, but this is why it's handed over to Adam to analyse in a bit more depth than just the 30 second - 1 minute summary highlights that the reporter voices over. This can obviously be decided on the day.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I did not think it was ever possible but channel 5 have made such a turdling of a football show it makes me wish claridge and the BBC would return. Also whilst Virgo is one of our own he is nowhere near as good as Rosenior was

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I work for an external company on this show and it typically shows three 'featured' matches per week. Two of these matches are Sky productions from Friday night and Saturday lunchtime, and the other match is a Channel 5 production which is picked months in advance.

It does seem frustrating that the team that is unbeaten and top of the league aren't given extended highlights every week, but this is why it's handed over to Adam to analyse in a bit more depth than just the 30 second - 1 minute summary highlights that the reporter voices over. This can obviously be decided on the day.

Well, the formats shit then. Does that imply that before the season starts the running order is decided? What happens if, God forbid, a team like Brighton or even Bournemouth last season who aren't predicted to storm the league, suddenly pop up? It's amateurish rubbish with a jarg out of tune theme tune and presenters with ax much charisma as my glans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports