Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Ground Guide Uk

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Was just looking on there and noticed Rotherham's new ground . Nice neat tidy ground that i would not mind visiting if we had to travel to a cup game there. The only downer is that nasty excuse of a manager !

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Have they finished it yet?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The BHA entry will very soon need some serious updating.

And it'll be interesting to read next season's away fans' reports on our expanding stadium.
Not to mention the travel & parking arrangements. :facepalm:

Sadly, very few visiting fans yet 'get' the idea that the Amex postively welcomes people staying around for an hour or two, and enjoying the craic. Hardly surprising, given the traditional approach to customer service - aka 'sling 'em all out and lock the gates' - to be found at almost every other ground.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm a little perplexed by this build. Great to see a club back in their own backyard don't get me wrong, but has the build been properly planned?

rotherham-new-york-stadium-main-stand.jpg

Now, where that middle section sinks below the level of the stands beside it, can those people sitting there view both goals? Or am I missing something? Or is this a fail of epic proportions by the architects and those that approved and passed it?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I'm a little perplexed by this build. Great to see a club back in their own backyard don't get me wrong, but has the build been properly planned?

View attachment 32946

Now, where that middle section sinks below the level of the stands beside it, can those people sitting there view both goals? Or am I missing something? Or is this a fail of epic proportions by the architects and those that approved and passed it?

They can expand it to like 35,000 if they want...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Railway station behind ground - 5 min walk

Falmer station 3-5 min walk from Amex

Do any other clubs have stations this close ??

Man Utd for one

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove

View attachment 32946

You'd have a good view of kick off, and then little else.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove

View attachment 32946

You'd have a good view of kick off, and then little else.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I like the fact they've tried to do something different than the boring bowl or the 4 cowsheds. Shame it's execution seems to be a little off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here