Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fooking YES!!!! Robinson Is Gone 4 Good!!

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
What is it with some Brighton supporters. Jakey never did anything less than try his best, sometimes with devastating effect, sometimes he was out of his depth. I hope he finds another club and continues to develop.

I suggest that there is a special section at Falmer for those supporters who have an ongoing and totally irrational hatred of individual players - I am sure they will be very happy together.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Im pleased he has gone as well as showed lots of promise when he was 15 but did nothing for years on end, one game a year of good performances, the rest of the time spent before a game trying to do little fancy tricks on the pitch which he never pulled off when game was going on, good luck with the rest of your career Robinson, in League 2 and Conference level, shame as you had the talent it looked but not all about that its the attitude and work rate that you so obviousally miss and will never have.
Very frustrating player and good riddance.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Happy Days

That was great fun. The Wilkins Babes annihilated Northwich in what was more like a training match. I never thought I would see Brighton score 8 and I don't think I will ever see a repeat.

Good luck to him. A move might be the ticket. Clearly has bags of talent, but perhaps needs to move out of the comfort zone and make a fresh start.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Best of luck to him. Confidence player who needs regular football which he wouldn't have got here. 15-20 goals in league 2 next season and people will be demanding he comes back

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Best of luck Jakey , you did us proud.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I have said it before,he reminds me of Junior mcDougald,you know he has skill and ability but never quite produces on a regular enough basis.
Hope he goes on to do well.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That was great fun. The Wilkins Babes annihilated Northwich in what was more like a training match. I never thought I would see Brighton score 8 and I don't think I will ever see a repeat.

Even that couldn't keep some of our fans totally happy, I remember a small segment of the crowd booing a certain French left winger when he missed what looked to be a simple chance to make it 9-0.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Brighton 8-0 Northwich
Scoring Summary
Brighton Northwich Victoria
Dean Cox (8)
Jake Robinson (18)
Jake Robinson (55)
Alex Revell (64)
Jake Robinson (78)
Joe Gatting (82)
Sam Rents (89)
Dean Cox (90)

Match Stats
Shots (on Goal) 26(13) 9(3)
Fouls 14 8
Corner Kicks 5 5
Offsides 2 3
Time of Possession 51% 49%
Yellow Cards 0 1
Red Cards 0 0
Saves 4 7

Match Information
Stadium: Withdean Stadium, England
Attendance:
Match Time: 15:00 UK
Official(s):
D Cann (Referee)

Teams
16 Michel Kuipers 1 Phil Senior
4 Adam Hinshelwood 4 Gareth Griffiths
5 Joel Lynch 12 Stephen Payne
14 Guy Butters 15 Ryan Brown
3 Kerry Mayo 8 Michael Carr
6 Adam El-Abd 16 Jon McCarthy
30 Tommy Fraser 7 Danny Mayman
11 Dean Hammond 5 Stuart Elliott
28 Dean Cox 25 Felix Bastians
15 Alex Revell 10 Paul Brayson
19 Jake Robinson 18 Kevin Townson
Substitutes
17 John Sullivan Ben Connett 20
27 Sam Rents Richard Battersby 2
7 Alexandre Frutos Carlos Roca 11
24 Georges Santos Michael Byrne 14
20 Joe Gatting Mark Sale 17
Substitutions
Alexandre Frutos for Tommy Fraser (66)
Mark Sale for Kevin Townson (57)

Joe Gatting for Alex Revell (71)
Michael Byrne for Jon McCarthy (58)

Sam Rents for Jake Robinson (83)

Yellow Cards
Jon McCarthy (36)

· Club Squads: Brighton | Northwich Victoria
Updated: November 11, 2006, 6:04 PM UK

Jake Robinson netted three times as Brighton routed Conference side Northwich Victoria 8-0 in their FA Cup first-round clash at Withdean Stadium.
The resurgent Seagulls, unbeaten in seven games, have now scored 18 goals in their last four matches and this was their first FA Cup victory since 2001.

Dean Cox gave them the ideal start with the lead after only eight minutes following a quick break.

Skipper Dean Hammond broke through the middle as Northwich stood off and squared the ball for Cox who bent a shot round the outstretched left hand of goalkeeper Phil Senior.

Cox shot narrowly over before Robinson doubled the lead by ending a strong run with a low shot into the corner.

Alex Revell twice had opportunities for further goals before the break and also forced keeper Senior to turn a goal-bound shot round the post.

Paul Brayson should have got Northwich back in the tie in first-half stoppage time when he directed a free header wide from across by Danny Mayman.

The Conference outfit were also unfortunate when Michael Carr struck the post with a deflected shot.

But Robinson put the game beyond doubt with a low shot nine minutes after the break and Revell caught Senior napping with a long-range effort 10 minutes later.

Robinson completed his hat-trick with a superb strike into the roof of the net after 78 minutes.

The visitors capitulated further, conceding three goals in the final 10 minutes.

Substitutes Joe Gatting and Sam Rents both netted their first goals for the club before Cox completed the Seagull's biggest ever win at Withdean in stoppage time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I too am glad that he's finally gone - even if only to stop all the 'bring back Robinson, he'll save the Albion' type of comments! He wasn't good enough, and his departure is a fair and reasonable decision.
Feel sad for the lad that he's now jobless, and hope he finds somewhere else to play soon - but as a pro footballer, he shouldn't set his sights too high. If Aldershot offer him something, he'd probably be well advised to bite their arm off for it!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Not sad he has gone, people kept banging on about him not getting a chance but he played the best part of 130 games for us and yet did very little. Not sure he will even make it in League 2, as he does have a tendancy to not like the physical side of the game and goes missing.

Still best of luck, although I did read somewhere he is not bad at cricket....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Is Jake Robinson at Northampton now after leaving Shrewsbury last summer?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Another thread proving that I Goring Gull was always right i got blasted for saying he would not make it , I called him sarcastically "South Coast Rooney" after all on NSC thought he was god yet i was right he amounted to nowt.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Ridiculous thread to start !!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here