Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Foods the world would be better without

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Genetically modified soya beans grown as animal feed for the world's meat industry. These huge tracts of land could be kept as forests or used to grow beetroot, celery, swede, etc.

dont think the cattle like beetroot, celery, swede and trees so much.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Pineapple on a pizza. You dont put Apple or Grapes on a pizza so why Pineapple?

28424_l.jpg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
God knows I've tried but have to say tripe.
The proudly advertised best tripe in Yorkshire in a pub, RANK
The house special in a country restraunt in France, RANK
Prepared myself from a classic cook book, RANK
Made by a Polish friend to a family recipe, RANK

also pig intestines are OK when still hot and crispy from frying but stewed as chittelings, nah, get rid.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Couscous.

It's so boring they named it twice.

That's like saying rice or pasta is boring. If it's boring, you're not doing it right.

Salmiakki, the weird salty liqourice the Finns like, on the other hand is the food of the devil. No redeeming features.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
If we are talking about an otherwise healthy food that I just don't like then it's raw celery without any doubt.

If it's about the world as a whole being better off then any of the high salt/high fat processed convenience and fast foods.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
This morning I sampled a nugget of Cadburys Vegemite chocolate from a close-together-eyed Australian in my office. A truly horrendous concoction. It made me quite irate. It would be like a Marmite Bounty, although that sounds a tiny bit better.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A lot of these seem to be veering off the original post - more a list of foods people don't like.

I agree with the votes for McDonalds – no-one needs that food in their life when there are far more palatable alternatives – but some of the others? Cucumber completes a Hendricks and tonic; Kidney beans – while I despise them – are a common part of a chilli (even though I have to pick most of the buggers out); and celery with a bit of salt, or in a salad is fine with me.

I would suggest rice cakes – bland, horrible things, that children, mainly, seem to be subjected to as an alternative to milk! Then they try and 'flavour' them, withough actually adding much flavour. Hmmm...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A lot of these seem to be veering off the original post - more a list of foods people don't like.

I agree with the votes for McDonalds – no-one needs that food in their life when there are far more palatable alternatives – but some of the others? Cucumber completes a Hendricks and tonic; Kidney beans – while I despise them – are a common part of a chilli (even though I have to pick most of the buggers out); and celery with a bit of salt, or in a salad is fine with me.

I would suggest rice cakes – bland, horrible things, that children, mainly, seem to be subjected to as an alternative to milk! Then they try and 'flavour' them, withough actually adding much flavour. Hmmm...

I'm not having that, cucumber is bad enough as FOOD, I'm certainly not having it ruining my DRINK too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here