Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Foods the world would be better without

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How very dare you - yes it does. Cucumber - what is the point of it?

In a lab test this evening, I was coincidentally able to sample shepherds pie with and without a cheese crust made by Mrs Dazzer (she doesn't like it so part of the creamy potato topping was cheese-free). My verdict - both good. It doesn't NEED a cheese crust, but is perhaps slightly improved with it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'll eat anything that doesn't rely on "mold" or tastes of fungus.

Just ban mushrooms and blue cheese. Please now.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Celery isnt a proper food, it takes more energy to eat than they contain, so should it be included? as a herb at most. Kidney beans are toxic with out cooking twice, so they seem to be pretty stupid food too.

Have to stand up for celery, Finely chopped with carrots and onion (so it melts away) you can't do pasta sauces, Agree on Kidney beans awful things, when there are much better beans available.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Any pizza at Da Mario's restaurant in Gloucester Road. Mind you the painting they have of Diana, Princess of Wales staring longingly at a pizza is some compensation. The rigatoni there is perhaps marginally better.

image.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm (apparently quite oddly) not a fan of chocolate. I'll eat in once a year at most,

But that American stuff like Herseys - Jesus !!! Ban it now.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Coleslaw -****ing devil semen. Foul and disgusting shit

That and peppers- Absolutely - theyre just a shit tomato.

Peppers! "You have got to be shittin' me Private Pyle!" I cook two to three times a week with peppers, plus they're great in sandwiches and salads, orange, yellow, green or red, each with it's own unique flavour. I've got nothing against tomatoes, but they're hardly comparable, completely different animals.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Kidney beans is a great shout. Can't stand them

Also Stilton cheese. Moldy cheese really?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Watermelon, celery, banoffee pie, cider, gooseberries, couscous, celeriac, kiwi fruit, parsnips, cooked apple, cress, rocket, mango, paw paw, coconut milk, (but keep the coconut), oh and glace cherries.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ten pages and nothing mentioned so far that I don't enjoy. Fussy bar stewards.

I agree. I don't eat meat or fish but that's for ethical reasons rather than any dislike. Far too many fussy eaters around

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here