Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Food at the Amex

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Where was the crispy beef noodles? ???

was really looking forward to them, was it just WSL that didn't have them available on Saturday?

Hope they have them ready for Donny. :)

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Same, I was going to have the Thai. Hope this is not permanent.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Perhaps they will return once the serving gets steady. Having a smaller menu certainly led to better turnaround times.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was a simple misunderstanding, lost in translation.

Catering manager told his staff: 'Due to the hot weather, you may remove your ties'

I'll get me goat... :(

the only gripe i've got about saturday is when purchasing a quick half my 2 year old pointed to the several packets of Oreo's on display and started getting excited and making muh, muh noises only to be told they could only be sold as part of a childs meal deal, when I told him 'the man' said he wasn't allowed them, he started to cry*

*before I get slagged off I made it up with one of the 247 non Oreo snacks I took with me for him

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
the only gripe i've got about saturday is when purchasing a quick half my 2 year old pointed to the several packets of Oreo's on display and started getting excited and making muh, muh noises only to be told they could only be sold as part of a childs meal deal, when I told him 'the man' said he wasn't allowed them, he started to cry*

I think this is where the club has to come down heavily on the appointed food contractors and nip it in the bud Mr Brown. Their food is crap, they've dangled the home made pies which were not of the quality of the previously tasted and promised. Now we have pies that are of the quality of Pukka's but in the meantime they are trying to get our mindset to the Piglets experience at £3.50 a shot.

Check this URL Azure Catering this company doesn't do chips at any of the stadia they serve, once the contract is won the quality of their food dips like a sinking ship. I was totally aware of this lot and decided to give them the benefit of the doubt, but yet their business practice remains the same.

This needs to be sorted pretty quickly at their prices ! Even Wycombe sell the biscuits to the kids. Just seems to me we are paying hospitality prices without the table. If anyone at the club wishes to discuss further then please PM me, I sense this contract will snowball into a major problem

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Mixed reports, on the food in 1901.

Some said it was good others were steaming mad that it was cold or over cooked.

Was in WSL for SSCF and the pies were good but the burgers and Hot Dogs looked a bit crap. Also thought the selection of sweets were strange, would have thought that Mars Bars, Snickers, Twix and Kit Kat would have been a sensible sort of offering.

Sad that hardings did not get the hospitality package at they did a great job at Withdean and elsewhere and were great at my wedding but I guess the club were sold on the letting the food package as one for the hole stadium.

Early days thow but that said nothing wrong with keeping them on their toes and letting them know what is not good.

Azure's footy client list:

Brentford
Carlisle United
The Falkirk Stadium
Heart of Midlothian
Hibernian
Nottingham Forest
Rangers
Oldham Athletic
Queens Park Rangers

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
My steak and ale pie was "luke warm" to say the least and quite obviously had been microwaved, hence that "limp" crust taste. I must admit I will give them one more go this Saturday and if it hasn't improved then I'll take my own snacks. At £6.50 for the meal deal you expect better quality.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
catering

I two had a luke warm pie ,for now thats ok they are going to need 5 or 6 games to get it right its a big new opperation with a head chef who does not come from a stadium back ground its going to take him time to bed in. My only concern is that Azzure run many football grounds surley the manaagement at the amex could of used others in their group to sort out and take advice on such alarge new project on the opening couple of games .At the sussex senior cup they badly under staffed because they thought that only 10 to 20% of the crowd would want to eat and drink they put this right at spurs which shows they have learnt from the last game.But they must get the food served hot, luke warm pies and burgers have the potential to cause food poisoning I dread to think of the implications of that.One last thought dont forget that azure have to give the Albion 25% of all profits made on the food and drink so with two parties chasing the same pound you are never going to have low prices at the amex or any other ground that opperate with an outside contractor.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Mixed reports, on the food in 1901.

Some said it was good others were steaming mad that it was cold or over cooked.

I thought it was pretty good (and i'm a bit snobby when eating out).
The starter, pudding, cake and pie were all very good.
The main wasn't fantastic but I think people have to accept that no amount of practice can sort out all of the catering issues.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The problem also lies with the quality of staff they employ, it was like being abroad, I asked for a lemonade for my daughter to be met with the "abroad on holiday" blank expression, so I said Sprite? and the penny dropped. In the UK 99% of the time you ask for a lemonade and the waitress/waiter say "is sprite ok".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here