Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Foo Fighters

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Nivana had 2 guys from this group?

A certain grunge sound was born from this era, i believe.

foo fighters have had a few hits, while starting to sound like a heavy rock band, like many other bands.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
My favourite band, Hey Johnny Park always been my favourite song, first 3 and a half albums are very good, then just wasting light and maybe 1 or two off the new album. Best thing they brought out in years was the Free EP on iTunes, some very good tracks on that back to their best

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Quite. Biggest leg-up ever. How far up the rocky ladder would they have progressed without Nirvana Iconic Death association, do you suppose? Not very far I'd suggest. Sort of like the US equivalent of the former Aussie lame ducks INXS. Or just about every other Oz act really. Still, good luck to them if they can fool enough of the people enough of the time.

Afraid I have to disagree with you there, there is nothing fake about Midnight Oil, Cold Chisel or even Hunters and Collectors, just a few Ozzie bands that broke ground in many directions for many reasons...and I am sure that any one who leans towards AC/DC would question their lame duckness as well.

INXS at the Brighton Centre in 1990 was a hell of a gig, Hutchence had the audience eating out of his hand, it was especially cool watching a dozen blacked out trucks, but for a huge red X on the side of the trailers, coming off the Newhaven Ferry and making their way around the one way system en route to Brighton.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That wasn't my point. My point was that INXS were fakes and Foo Fighters are fakes, in exactly the same way that, say, Suede are fakes. Same strand of hollow bombastic festival rock that in an ideal world would never have made it beyond the pub circuit. Rock By Numbers.

I’m not sure I fully understand what you mean by fake but why does it matter? Music really isn’t worth bitching about.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just as well a smallish number of people never followed that sloppy line of thinking back in 1976 then.

Else we'd all still be listening to ABBA or Sailor or taking a PhD in Pomp Rock. :moo:

I guess as an artist it’s okay; creatives need a muse and inspiration ....but as consumers I think it’s pointless. Save your energy for Tories and Brexiteers!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sort of like the US equivalent of the former Aussie lame ducks INXS. Or just about every other Oz act really. Still, good luck to them if they can fool enough of the people enough of the time.

That wasn't my point. My point was that INXS were fakes and Foo Fighters are fakes, in exactly the same way that, say, Suede are fakes. Same strand of hollow bombastic festival rock that in an ideal world would never have made it beyond the pub circuit. Rock By Numbers.

Now, obviously you're just bored, and trying to start a ruck, but really...

Suede and the Foo Fighters are the 'same strand of rock'? :mad:

'All Oz acts'? Nick Cave is fake? The Go Betweens were just 'fooling people'? :mad:

If you really want to have a dig at the music tastes of random strangers on the internet, at least have some class. THIS for example, is my favourite NSC post of the last 6 months: :bowdown:

I bet this is one of five CDs Tim Lovejoy has in his car.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you really want to have a dig at the music tastes of random strangers on the internet, at least have some class. THIS for example, is my favourite NSC post of the last 6 months: :bowdown:

One of my favourite posts also. Shades of Alan Partridge :thumbsup:

Tho I do have a genuine problem with folks accepting mid-table mediocrity in their live acts. If you tolerate this, then your children will be next...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here