Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Focus DIY in financial trouble again.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
It seems that Focus are in financial trouble again. Looks like the slimy shit Archer sold his debts in the company at the right time otherwise he would have lost a lot more recently.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/feedarticle/7845276

DIY chain Focus is to cut 750 jobs in the current "difficult economic climate", the company has confirmed.

Following a detailed analysis of its costs, the firm said it was taking action to make sure it maintained its position in the market.

Around 750 jobs will be affected across support centres, stores and distribution sites, although none of the 181 stores will close.

Focus said in a statement: "The past few weeks have seen unprecedented levels of activity in world economics with the situation worsening here in the UK.

"In spite of this difficult economic climate, the core Focus DIY stores throughout the summer gained market share and to ensure the business maintains its position, a detailed analysis of its cost base has taken place across the whole business.

"This review of the whole business has unfortunately resulted in a reduced headcount throughout the support centre, stores and distribution centres and a number of colleagues are at risk of redundancy.

"In a direct response to our need to reduce costs and deliver greater efficiencies, we have also made the difficult decision to close our distribution centre in Severnside, Bristol."

The company said making workers redundant was a "difficult" decision, adding that it was necessary to ensure the future of the business and take forward its strategic plan.

"We have provided a full briefing to all those potentially affected and will now work closely with them to look for alternative roles within the business.

"We will create a job pool and offer retraining and further support programmes over the coming months. We are making every effort to ensure that this difficult process happens as smoothly as possible."

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can't help but say this a lot of companies are now in trouble not just Focus DIY.

I expect redundancies shortly where I work.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
75 focus stores have closed since the "1 pound" takeover in june 2007

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Although it might bring great joy to some of you remember other people will suffer very badly due to this.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
there is no joy involved in people losing there jobs especially people who i might have worked with in the past.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
just out of interest does anyone know what pies the **** archer has his fingers in these days? or is just just being a lazy fat notherner and doing jack shit?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
just out of interest does anyone know what pies the **** archer has his fingers in these days? or is just just being a lazy fat notherner and doing jack shit?

Don't know actually? Can anyone access companies house to see which companies he is director of?

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I'm thinking this is really not a good time to be jobhunting!!!!

Perhaps HB&B will give me some dosh cos he seems to be minted!! :)

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
There are still jobs out there if you are prepared to look really hard for them. I am under threat of redundancy at the moment so i have been looking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here