Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fly your flag if you dare!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm not doing any silly flag waving or banner creation. I'm voting 'remain', some of my friends are voting 'leave'. Nearly everyone seems bored of the madness of both campaigns and just wants it over and done with.

unfortunately the politicians are making such a massive meal of this issue most of the population are over it.....having the referendum right in the middle of the euro's is , in my opinion , a rather crass and openly derogatory action by cameron's back room "staff". politics at it's worst / best .......i am not voting as i don't live there anymore.....sure the migrant issue needs addressing but there are too many other down sides to an out and out exit.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
More than half our trade is outside the EU and less than 15% of laws from Brussels...

We run a massive deficit in trade with Europe. Is that a good thing?

And although terrible, if it were true that 'only' 15% of our laws were from the EU that would be an amazing reduction.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Who cares what percentage of laws are from Brussels?

This statistic is absurd. Some laws affect people more than others.

To me, one bad law is one too many.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I suppose handing subsidies to wealthy EU farmers whilst imposing tariffs on farmers in developing countries is giving everyone a fair chance?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

MMmmmm would your Dave work with all his "out brigaders" if we vote exit? Could lead to a giant vacuum in the Tory party. Not sure if that's a reason to vote remain but I think we are in for a bumpy ride if we do exit.
As you know Gullsworth I don't like to bumble along, it's a waste of life. If we have a bump or two so be it, the one thing I do know is that we shall have a significant voice if we leave rather than a wimper in the mass room of Brussels.
A leaver that can read?
Astonishing.
Typical of the remain............:yawn:
Absolute comedy gold. "Gimme FARAGE az PM any day cuz he speaks trooth and we want are country back.

Also, by chains, what chains?

More than half our trade is outside the EU and less than 15% of laws from Brussels...
Where did I say I am all Farage??? He wears his heart on his sleeve and has more balls than most MPs.
I have a young family and we have unknown Europeans in amongst us, even you can understand I want to protect them. 3 boats patrol our coastline quiet frankly that's laughable for such a short stretch of water. Blair, brown and Cameron all made promise's and didn't deliver, we need to take back our borders and this is our chance.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Don’t get this ‘if you dare’ stuff? It’s the leave campaigners that are the more outspoken and bellicose ones. Most people tending towards remain (I am one) have made a decision on quietly balancing the arguments and evidence (boring though it can be) and will just go and mark our paper accordingly. We are not about to start harassing Brexit supporters; which is not say that we haven’t formed opinions about them that we will keep to ourselves. In fact my opinion of the people in my family who are Brexit supporters couldn’t become much lower anyway; gullible, bigoted and totally incapable of sustaining any kind of positive impact on society; god help us if we are relying on them if we kick the Poles out.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
. In fact my opinion of the people in my family who are Brexit supporters couldn’t become much lower anyway; gullible, bigoted and totally incapable of sustaining any kind of positive impact on society; god help us if we are relying on them if we kick the Poles out.

Nice, i bet they love you and your "lofty, i am better than you" views.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Where did I say I am all Farage??? He wears his heart on his sleeve and has more balls than most MPs.
You're easy to profile
I have a young family and we have unknown Europeans in amongst us, even you can understand I want to protect them. 3 boats patrol our coastline quiet frankly that's laughable for such a short stretch of water. Blair, brown and Cameron all made promise's and didn't deliver, we need to take back our borders and this is our chance.

So how does leaving the EU protect our borders entirely, more so, the 3 patrol boats are a result of a tory government cutting departmental budgets. Not because of the EU. Once again, proving you know sweet-FA what you're on about. You're basing your vote on your emotions rather than rationality, understandable given you think Farage wears his heart on his sleeve.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
We run a massive deficit in trade with Europe. Is that a good thing?

And although terrible, if it were true that 'only' 15% of our laws were from the EU that would be an amazing reduction.

No trade deficit is a good thing, leaving would only enlarge the deficit and hurt our economy further. Regarding laws from Brussels, which laws are from Brussels in the past year? https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-law-what-proportion-influenced-eu/ Perhaps saying less than 15% was a bit too ambitious. But most certainly not as much as a problem as others think. Those that think this is an issue don't see Scotland taking orders from London as an issue, mind.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No trade deficit is a good thing, leaving would only enlarge the deficit and hurt our economy further. Regarding laws from Brussels, which laws are from Brussels in the past year? https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-law-what-proportion-influenced-eu/ Perhaps saying less than 15% was a bit too ambitious. But most certainly not as much as a problem as others think. Those that think this is an issue don't see Scotland taking orders from London as an issue, mind.

I imagine you know very well that the number of laws originating from Europe is variable depending on the way the law is recorded. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care less about the percentage, it should be a big fat ZERO.

As for the trade, important though it is, our trade with the EU has been decreasing and therefore it is an overstated fact by remainers.

Why do you suppose that just because someone backs exit that they don't support the Scottish right for independence? Are you stereotyping? The Scottish people voted in a similar referendum and viewed overwhelmingly to remain part of the UK, which keeps the status quo of a couple of hundred years. One can't compare that with the EU which in its current format has been around for only a few years, which incidentally, we in the UK have never been asked about.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The OP just about sums up Brexit supporters. Ignorant of the consequences and blaming darkies for their failures in life. Tragic.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The OP just about sums up Brexit supporters. Ignorant of the consequences and blaming darkies for their failures in life. Tragic.
Bloody casual and lazy insults..... if I met you and you saud that to me, I woyld be justified in putting you on your bigoted arse.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Absolute rubbish. What a stupid and sweeping statement. Have you not noticed that around 50% of the electorate want out. The "ignorant" ones are those that make posts like this.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Bloody casual and lazy insults..... if I met you and you saud that to me, I woyld be justified in putting you on your bigoted arse.

Ignore him, probably got a hangover from last night after drinking a couple of tins over the park with his school mates.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You don't really help your cause do you.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

In the last week the Remain campaign have got desperate, their lead in the polls is eroding, they have started really insulting the opposition and have admitted to targeting Boris.
Unfortunately it has backfired, just like your desperate sweeping and insulting statement.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In the last week the Remain campaign have got desperate, their lead in the polls is eroding, they have started really insulting the opposition and have admitted to targeting Boris.
Unfortunately it has backfired, just like your desperate sweeping and insulting statement.

I DO believe brexit supporters are ignorant if the facts and consequences of leaving the EU. That's why I'm voting to stay in.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
1280px-Flag_of_England.svg.png

1280px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

I've got two flags. One for the World Cup, Euros and Commonwealth games and another for the Olympics. I vote remain.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
You're easy to profile

So how does leaving the EU protect our borders entirely, more so, the 3 patrol boats are a result of a tory government cutting departmental budgets. Not because of the EU. Once again, proving you know sweet-FA what you're on about. You're basing your vote on your emotions rather than rationality, understandable given you think Farage wears his heart on his sleeve.

In the age of home-grown terrorism and increasingly accessible military technology(drones etc) do we seriously think Noel Coward and John Mills sailing up and down the channel in a warship is the answer. The reality is that the solutions are a combination of intelligence and participation in cutting-edge research and the EU gives us better access to both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here