Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1659...e-paul-barber-defends-flasks-ban-at-the-amex/

Hold your hands up Brighton and Hove Albion and admit a flask is not dangerous or please tell us what you're scared of ? Or what we should be scared of ?Is there a credible threat that you are aware of ? If flasks are considered a safety and security threat then why arent they banned from all live events nationally ?

Also how many flask related incidents have their been at the Amex ? None . How many alcohol related incidents have their been - 100's . So logically banning alcohol would be a more effective safety measure than banning flasks .

Isn't the solution to do random checks on peoples flasks ? And another thing the security checks are a joke anyway - done by amateurs and 99% pointless.

Barber's argument that other clubs are doing it so we should too is even more pathetic . :tosser:

Maybe we need a flask song

Threads merged. Absolutely no excuse for starting a new one bar attention seeking and a cheap dig at PB. Please stop.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Not sure if this has been covered as i'm not prepared to trawl through 70 pages of flask related posts but what are the rules concerning bringing your own food to the Amex? What is permissible and what isn't? This could be from the smallest packet of chewing gum which I would be in favour of banning given peoples irresponsibility with disposing of the masticated waste product to bars of chocolate which is fine. Is there a specific rule for sandwiches? Is a foil /greasproof paper / clingfilm wrapping ok but tupperware container a definite no no? What are the general food guidelines regarding what is and isn't permissible?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure if this has been covered as i'm not prepared to trawl through 70 pages of flask related posts but what are the rules concerning bringing your own food to the Amex? What is permissible and what isn't? This could be from the smallest packet of chewing gum which I would be in favour of banning given peoples irresponsibility with disposing of the masticated waste product to bars of chocolate which is fine. Is there a specific rule for sandwiches? Is a foil /greasproof paper / clingfilm wrapping ok but tupperware container a definite no no? What are the general food guidelines regarding what is and isn't permissible?

You can't take any food or sweets into 1901, you can't take food into Dicks Bar, which is fair enough as you wouldn't take your own food into a restaurant or snack bar.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Didn't realise I was being judged........anyway, it was a deliberate reaction to the vitriol expressed in the post I quoted (not yours). Agree it doesn't appear to have been handled as well as it could have been, but 'spiteful', 'despicable' and 'inexcuseable' are way OTT in my view.

'Disappointing' or 'poor' I'd agree with...........but 'despicable' though ??? Seriously ? It's been jumped on by those always looking for anything to be 'utterly outraged' (rather than 'a bit disappointed') about - 700 posts on here is proof of that.

I agree with much of your sentiment but 700 odd posts here are mostly not outraged but reasonable. Thise who are outraged are over-reacting, it's important not to over-react to those of us who are simply disappointed and seek clarification etc.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Indeed is it purely? "Flasks are Banned" if so not that bothered. Like to take something to eat though. From what I`ve read believe this to be ok in stands but not 1901 food areas .

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry if these has been covered, but...

Are water bottles also banned? Even clear ones?

What about baby feeding bottles?

Sun cream bottles?

Medicine bottles?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sorry if these has been covered, but...

Are water bottles also banned? Even clear ones?

What about baby feeding bottles?

Sun cream bottles?

Medicine bottles?
Logically anything that needs to be opened to inspect ( and thus set off at inspection ) is banned ?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Logically anything that needs to be opened to inspect ( and thus set off at inspection ) is banned ?

I'll be pretty peeved if water bottles are banned too. We teach our kids to stay hydrated.

(And another item in club shop which you can't take into ground?)

el punal

I agree with much of your sentiment but 700 odd posts here are mostly not outraged but reasonable. Thise who are outraged are over-reacting, it's important not to over-react to those of us who are simply disappointed and seek clarification etc.

I have decided to overreact to your outrageous post which has outraged me but in a reasonably outrageous manner which now needs to be clarified as to what degree of overreaction outrage I’m at. :drink:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
If taking ones own food is permitted in the stands then a simple way of circumventing the flask ban would be to employ the file in the cake method commonly employed by the wives or girlfriends of old lags planning on doing a prison breakout. The morning or afternoon before each match simply get "the wife" to bake a cake and instead of her inserting the aforementioned file substitute that with a flask of your chosen hot beverage. The cake will presumably pass unchallenged by any security checks. At half time simply break open the cake and enjoy with a lovely warm beverage all in the comfort of your own seat. Problem solved.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
You can't take any food or sweets into 1901, you can't take food into Dicks Bar, which is fair enough as you wouldn't take your own food into a restaurant or snack bar.

Unless it was for consumption later on a train journey for example. I used to stock up for the day when I used to travel to games from Ashford which was a 2 hour train ride. You wouldn't (Shouldn't) take food into a restaurant or snack bar for consumption there but you might have something in your bags for later.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If taking ones own food is permitted in the stands then a simple way of circumventing the flask ban would be to employ the file in the cake method commonly employed by the wives or girlfriends of old lags planning on doing a prison breakout. The morning or afternoon before each match simply get "the wife" to bake a cake and instead of her inserting the aforementioned file substitute that with a flask of your chosen hot beverage. The cake will presumably pass unchallenged by any security checks. At half time simply break open the cake and enjoy with a lovely warm beverage all in the comfort of your own seat. Problem solved.
I'd imagine a Swiss roll or chocolate log is the most suitable and economical form of cake to hide a flask.

Cleverly assembled the cake would remain intact since you could fashion a sponge lid.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I'd imagine a Swiss roll or chocolate log is the most suitable and economical form of cake to hide a flask.

Cleverly assembled the cake would remain intact since you could fashion a sponge lid.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes I like your idea of a reusable cake with sponge lid. A sufficient amount of preserving agents and a good binder would obviously need to be added to the ingredients to ensure multiple use. With that in mind I would consider something slightly more hard wearing than a sponge which would have a limited life span. Perhaps something like a Stollen which would stand up to the rigours of multiple use.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In all seriousness, at work we have all been given plastic cups!!! To cut down on plastic cup use...yes I have no idea either!

These cups are solid plastic with lids, you have all seen them....and they keep coffee etc hot or cold.

It is red plastic but it has a metal casing which is decoration only and has our company logo on it.

Is that the sort of thing barber is talking about banning as technically it is not a flask and not metal apart from the decorative casing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here