Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Comparing the coffee at the Amex to that in a High Street Coffee shop is nonsense. I tried the coffee at the Amex once and it was by far the worst I've ever had. I wouldn't even claim the free one I got from my Hat-Trick ticket on Sunday.

For me though, one of the main issues is the timing of the announcement. Some people have been taking flasks to games for decades, especially some older people. The club was happy enough to start taking everyone's season ticket money back in April, and everyone quite rightly assumed that the conditions of entry to the ground would be the same as they have always been, given that there was no notification of any change at that time. To now move the goalposts after people have already paid a big chunk of cash is just wrong, especially when the reason given is pretty flimsy.

This is an excellent post IMO. And if the club are going to stiff us with having to buy their crap coffee, then they should contract out the coffee making to a proper coffee house. I'd rather pay £1 extra over high street price for a Costa latte out of a machine (as you might at an airport) than buy their absolute shite.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Here is my Premier League flask round up. I've left out Spurs and the smaller clubs.

West Ham - Specifically permitted

https://www.london-stadium.com/plan-your-visit/safety-and-security

Man United, Arsenal, Man City - Specifically banned

https://www.manutd.com/AssetPicker/...-Supporters'-Guide-Update_v51517501658700.pdf

https://www.arsenal.com/sites/defau...1484321337_Emirates_Stadium_Prohibited_It.pdf

City appear to ban all food and drink completely.

https://mediacdn.mancity.com/-/medi...sale/1718-visiting-supporter-guide.ashx?la=en

Newcastle, Huddersfield - Possibly banned.

Newcastle don't allow "large amounts of food", Huddersfield banned them from a recent pop concert and rugby but can't find reference to football.

Watford - Discouraged.

Flasks "discouraged" and contents checked on entry.

https://www.watfordfc.com/sites/default/files/2018-08/Visiting Vicarage Road - Away Fans.pdf

Bournemouth, Southampton, Cardiff, Fulham, Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool - Unclear.

Generic league advice "portable container and which could cause damage or personal injury or simply banning bottles" or just banning "bottles". No specific mention of flasks.

Outside of the league I did find Blackburn have a no bottle policy but specifically allow flasks.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Went to cricket at Hove, Not only flasks in abundance but also bottles of wine

Slightly different event/venue risk profile.......not comparing like with like.

Things must be pretty bloody brilliant for us at the moment if a simple banning of flasks can generate this much nonsense [emoji23][emoji23]

el punal

Slightly different event/venue risk profile.......not comparing like with like.

Things must be pretty bloody brilliant for us at the moment if a simple banning of flasks can generate this much nonsense [emoji23][emoji23]

Well we had such a lovely weekend celebrating a fantastic win that somewhere, some how, some what, someone had to come up with something that was the complete opposite of feeling euphoric - let’s go down the flask route. My God, we can really grumble about that one. Are some of you that desperate for a moan that you’re going down the vacuum sealed Bovril route. After all the struggles the club, the fans, the team have gone through in the last 20 years we now have 58 pages of f***ing Flaskgate. It really beggars belief. :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well we had such a lovely weekend celebrating a fantastic win that somewhere, some how, some what, someone had to come up with something that was the complete opposite of feeling euphoric - let’s go down the flask route. My God, we can really grumble about that one. Are some of you that desperate for a moan that you’re going down the vacuum sealed Bovril route. After all the struggles the club, the fans, the team have gone through in the last 20 years we now have 58 pages of f***ing Flaskgate. It really beggars belief. :shrug:

Calm down Paul :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

"It doesn't affect me personally, so I couldn't care less"

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

it's what makes NSC so fvcking funny :lolol:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm going to stick my FLASK up my BACKSIDE if they try to BAN it and challenge them to get it OUT

2683864624_4a6db43946_z.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Someone did NOT 'come up' with this. This was a genuine question which has been vindicated by the number of people also wanting clarification and who wanted to express a view. Or is that not allowed on a forum? If you think for one moment that not allowing flasks into the Amex in any way affects your or anyone else's feeling about the wonderful win on Sunday then I am truly sorry for you. There are dozens of new threads every day and some strike a chord and some don't. Of course some posts are reactive, some unreasonable and some downright foolish. But many posts are either humourous or have a serious point to make. Perhaps you should avoid this thread if you don't value it or if your perception of a football result is impacted so greatly?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here