Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fixtures TBC

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
We'll just have to play Sunday-Wednesday-Sunday-Wednesday for a few weeks.

Will be good practice for the Champions league next year :thumbsup:

(also this was never a problem when we were in the championship with a shallower squad)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We've known since Dec 21 that this week was free for ourselves, B'muff and Palace, so why wasn't one of the games scheduled? I can understand not wanting to play Bmuff twice within a few days but no reason why the Palace match couldn't have been last night, for example. And there must have been a few other midweek slots between Sep and now, even with the WC.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
We've known since Dec 21 that this week was free for ourselves, B'muff and Palace, so why wasn't one of the games scheduled? I can understand not wanting to play Bmuff twice within a few days but no reason why the Palace match couldn't have been last night, for example. And there must have been a few other midweek slots between Sep and now, even with the WC.
It does seem rather odd. And funny that the club has today announced that - if you bought Bournemouth(A) tickets - you can now tear them up. Presumably because there is no prospect of the rearranged fixture anytime soon. I guess if I were in Bournemouth's shoes I'd probably want to delay the fixture until they've had a chance to integrate all their new signings.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
We could remove one fixture by just making Saturday's fixture a double header :shrug:

Jul 7, 2003
PL Games not generally allowed to clash with CL games.
I believe that for this season, the Premier League can request an exception because of the already condensed season. Very good chance this will happen now.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
There's a guy in the Fantasy Football community who helps players navigate the schedule and 'double gameweeks', which are essentially just rearranged fixtures.

I think the fact Palace & Bournemouth haven't been rearranged yet is because we can play them in any of the Champions League midweek's, as neither are televised.

We'll probably have 5 fixtures to rearrange, which will be in these 'gameweeks':

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The refunds for Bmuff and Newcastle suggests they're not likely to be arranged any time soon.

I reckon the congestion is going to bite us a bit.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Genuinely bloom must have an algorithm for this kind of scenario. We must know which weeks are optimum for us. Whether we can get those weeks is another matter.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It does seem rather odd. And funny that the club has today announced that - if you bought Bournemouth(A) tickets - you can now tear them up. Presumably because there is no prospect of the rearranged fixture anytime soon. I guess if I were in Bournemouth's shoes I'd probably want to delay the fixture until they've had a chance to integrate all their new signings.
This is another thing that came up in my talk with the club yesterday.

I guess a re-scheduling isn't imminent, but the reason given to me was the club were conscious they'd been holding onto money for some months now and, at this time of year particularly, people might like it back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here