Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fixtures next season

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Looking back, only one would have been 2015 v Forest, but that got booted to the Monday night. Season has started after Pride otherwise (apart from 2012 first year and we were about as far away as we could have been Burnley - oh the irony :D) - only an issue now because we're starting earlier isn't it ?

2015 Pride was held the weekend before the season started so there wasn't a clash with the Forest game, although we did play Sevilla in a friendly on the Sunday of Pride weekend. So we've possibly had other home friendlies on the same weekend as Pride. EDIT - quick check shows the Atletico Madrid game was on the Sunday of Pride weekend too.

Since promotion to the PL its never clashed as the season has started later, it's just an issue this season because of the earlier start for the World Cup, but there were a lot more clashes when we were in the EFL.

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Article on The Athletic as to why they are nonsense. No midweek games, doesn't account for an international weekend and May 13th fixtures are repeated a week later are the glaring mistakes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I haven't bothered to look at the dates, but doesn't the season start earlier than normal because of the WC? Meaning it won't clash with Pride –*unless the Pride dates have been moved too?

Yes, but the Premier League usually starts a week after the Football League, so we don't normally have to worry about this any more - but this season we do.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
2015 Pride was held the weekend before the season started so there wasn't a clash with the Forest game, although we did play Sevilla in a friendly on the Sunday of Pride weekend. So we've possibly had other home friendlies on the same weekend as Pride. EDIT - quick check shows the Atletico Madrid game was on the Sunday of Pride weekend too.

Since promotion to the PL its never clashed as the season has started later, it's just an issue this season because of the earlier start for the World Cup, but there were a lot more clashes when we were in the EFL.

Correct - I got the dates mixed up......weren't more clashes in EFL though, Pride has always been before the season started according to dates on Wiki

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Are the avoided dates public anywhere? Just for curiosity really. Pride obviously. Presumably not Saturday 5th November because of Lewes bonfire. Any others?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Correct - I got the dates mixed up......weren't more clashes in EFL though, Pride has always been before the season started according to dates on Wiki

The dates on Wiki only appear to go back to 2012, I remember there being date clashes at Withdean. If I remember correctly we started the 99-00 season at home and then we were away on the opening day every season until the 09-10 season, that isn’t just the fixture computer being mean.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I’m hearing United away first game

That’s a leak. And it’s the Sunday at 2pm apparently. Has all the TV games (eg baked in - which is odd cos they won’t be picked until •after• the fixtures are published so I’m calling - yet another fake.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Someone has gone to an awful lot of bother, if it is fake!

FBEAB25B-CC63-4A7E-A774-DBAB3E62BC1E.jpeg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That’s a leak. And it’s the Sunday at 2pm apparently. Has all the TV games (eg baked in - which is odd cos they won’t be picked until •after• the fixtures are published so I’m calling - yet another fake.

Ha! Shows what I know

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here