Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fixtures next season

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You shouldn't listen to twitter. It will be away, because of Pride.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You shouldn't listen to twitter. It will be away, because of Pride.

This, these leaks happen every year and are never right. This latest one didn’t have any midweek fixtures and I’m sure it had games scheduled on what were meant to be international breaks. Why are people gullible enough to fall for it every year?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This, these leaks happen every year and are never right. This latest one didn’t have any midweek fixtures and I’m sure it had games scheduled on what were meant to be international breaks. Why are people gullible enough to fall for it every year?

Because they are desperate for the attention involved in "having" the info that everyone else wants. They abandon their better judgement, if indeed it ever existed.

My full apologies to the OP if he turns out to be right.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Because they are desperate for the attention involved in "having" the info that everyone else wants. They abandon their better judgement, if indeed it ever existed.

My full apologies to the OP if he turns out to be right.

He won’t be right, we will be away first weekend of the season due to the clash with Pride.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Unless we play Friday or Monday night?

I very much doubt the police would give permission for a Friday night game, there are already Pride events taking place on the Friday evening. Friday and Monday games will be dictated by TV, which will be picked after the fixtures are known. I doubt the club would want to open with a Monday evening game unless it was going to be televised.

When the club and local police submitted preferences and dates to avoid for the season we would have said the opening weekend clashed with Pride so the fixture compilers will give us an away game that weekend.

Have we ever played a home game on Pride weekend? I can't think of one, but memory is getting hazy in my old age.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I haven't bothered to look at the dates, but doesn't the season start earlier than normal because of the WC? Meaning it won't clash with Pride –*unless the Pride dates have been moved too?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I very much doubt the police would give permission for a Friday night game, there are already Pride events taking place on the Friday evening. Friday and Monday games will be dictated by TV, which will be picked after the fixtures are known. I doubt the club would want to open with a Monday evening game unless it was going to be televised.

When the club and local police submitted preferences and dates to avoid for the season we would have said the opening weekend clashed with Pride so the fixture compilers will give us an away game that weekend.

Have we ever played a home game on Pride weekend? I can't think of one, but memory is getting hazy in my old age.

Looking back, only one would have been 2015 v Forest, but that got booted to the Monday night. Season has started after Pride otherwise (apart from 2012 first year and we were about as far away as we could have been Burnley - oh the irony :D) - only an issue now because we're starting earlier isn't it ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Every year there are numerous "leaks" of the fixture list (which are just "someone made something up and put it online for clicks"). It's not like we have to wait very long for the actual fixtures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here