Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fishy Fishy

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
..anyone been? Any good? Want to take the lady out for a nice meal on Friday and considering this place.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Very good food and good value although still a bit short of Riddle and Finns but you can book a table and the bill will be more reasonable.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I heard that quite a number of their regular clientele were a bit pikey..

:fishing:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I went for lunch a few weeks back. The food was fresh and well cooked and the bill was very reasonable for what we had. It's never going to be top class food at that price, but it's a nice place to sit and eat. All locally sourced as well.

I'd agree that it's just short of Riddle and Fins, but it's better than Englishes which I wasn't impressed with at all.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Went for a leisurely lunch in the summer and it was just as well, we had plenty of time.

Returned a glass of wine, which was passed its best (replaced without question) and received the wrong main courses. These were replaced, and we were not charged for the main courses.

We left happy that everything had been sorted out and that the manager was very apologetic, plus the bill was a pleasant surprise. However in different circumstances this could have been a real pain.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
its owned by little man dermot mcleary from the telly........supposed to be quite nice.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Well with the restaraunt and role at X Factor both his jobs are a load of pollacks

ballboys

Feb 23, 2009
Went there last Saturday night. Our table was booked at 7:30 and already at this point the had run out of the Plaice, Haddock, Mackrel Pate & FISH AND CHIPS!!!

Luckily we weren't going to have any of those but wasn't the best start for a Saturday night. Thats said, we had a really good night there and the food was really fresh.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Went there last Saturday night. Our table was booked at 7:30 and already at this point the had run out of the Plaice, Haddock, Mackrel Pate & FISH AND CHIPS!!!

Luckily we weren't going to have any of those but wasn't the best start for a Saturday night. Thats said, we had a really good night there and the food was really fresh.

At least they had acutally run out. With really fresh fish places if they run out of things it means they probably get fresh stuff in every day. As it should be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At least they had acutally run out. With really fresh fish places if they run out of things it means they probably get fresh stuff in every day. As it should be.

True, you're also at the mercy of what the local fishermen catch so sometimes things will run out quickly if they didnt land much of a particular fish that day.

Reasonably priced and nearly as good as Riddle and Finns will do me. I'm going to give it a go on Friday.

Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here