Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fishersgate Barmaids - An Update

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
CrabtreeBHA said:
Open House? Wheres that? Do they have an Open Mic so I can woo them with my karaoke skills? :D

Not the sort of pub for Karaoke. Not the sort of pub if you want a decent pint of bitter either. I've been forced to drink lager, and Stella at that, every time I've been in there. Which isn't too often.

Brovian said:
Next to London Road station. Used to be called the Springfield. It's in Springfield road, go down Ditchling Road from the Fiveways lights and it's the turning on the right just before the BP garage.
wtf?!

Why oh why oh why are they allowed to get away with renaming pubs? Particularly this one? It's the Springfield. It's in Springfield Road. If you're looking for a "USP", any marketing consultant will tell you that's about as good as it gets.

And it used to be a superb local pub - in the days when Jim and Heather ran it. But I guess that, now it's called the Open House, it's pretty much indistinguishable from all the others.

:angry:

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
wtf?!

Why oh why oh why are they allowed to get away with renaming pubs? Particularly this one? It's the Springfield. It's in Springfield Road. If you're looking for a "USP", any marketing consultant will tell you that's about as good as it gets.

And it used to be a superb local pub - in the days when Jim and Heather ran it. But I guess that, now it's called the Open House, it's pretty much indistinguishable from all the others.

:angry:

What is a USP??

Why shouldn't they rename the pub?? Don't tell me - tradition. I'd say 'traditionally' nobody drank in the Springfield, but the Open House is busy every time I go in there. Better to have a pub without the 'old' name than no pub at all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
jasonkt31 said:
Easy 10 Did you ever drink in the Sussex (?) across the road from the Kings Head?:drink:
I did indeed Jason. Used to kick off many an evening in The Sussex cos I liked the golf game they had in there. Sooner or later though, the hypnotic thumping rythm from the DJ across the road would put me into somekind of trance, drawing me inexplicably and irresistably towards its source until I was once more enveloped in amongst a heady cocktail of strong continental lager, flashing lights, and excruciating karaoke.

Some hours later, I would awaken in a daze, in front of a mixed kebab and fried at Porkys. Ahh, happy days.

Ace Grace

Oct 16, 2003
Worthing
Easy 10 said:
Used to kick off many an evening in The Sussex cos I liked the golf game they had in there.

Was a splendid golf game indeed. Porky's was good. It's amazing the stuff you eat when you are p*ssed! :lolol:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I never made it in to The Albion, despite working a stones throw away for a year - I was always more tempted by the King's Head. Now that is a place which knew how to do pub food! I had quite possibly the greatest Sunday roast of my life (aside from Mum's of course) in there, and it was a bargin too.

Easy, do you know a guy called Jeff - always in The Albion - older guy, keeps himself to himself and has a bit of a slurred speech? I used to work with him and he would always without fail amble over to The Albion after work.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Easy, do you know a guy called Jeff - always in The Albion - older guy, keeps himself to himself and has a bit of a slurred speech? I used to work with him and he would always without fail amble over to The Albion after work.
Can't say I do Shizouka. I'm not a regular at the Albion, I only pop in there every now and then, depending on whether its Asian Bird or Scandanavian Chick serving behind the bar. Sadly they've not been there much lately, so I've been lurking in the Kings Head more often than not. And yes, the food at the K H is excellent, and bloody cheap. Had a masive steak & ale pie with chips, peas & gravey for £3 there the other day. Marvellous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here