Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First we take London! Labour are 7 points ahead in the Mayoral election polls

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
London has dodged a bullet.

Goldsmith isn't racist but massively naive and quite obviously susceptible.

All Khan had to do was distance himself from Livingstone and Corbyn. Just like every other mayor who has got in under their party of their politics.

Don't care about Khan or either of their politics. Simply don't want a puppet mayor and thank god we didn't get one. Phew....

Hopefully the Tories chuck out whoever was advising because irrespective of your politics these people have the ear of those in power which should worry everyone.

I'm not a political strategist, but it appears an easy job.

They took to it like a close general election. Right toss a coin - we reckon we can just get in by going large on our core vote and pissing everyone off who is likely to vote for us anyway.

The mistake the Tory party made time and time again during their Blair years "wilderness".

This time - yeah f### the Muslim vote. Just enough of the other to get us in and we'll target the other religions because they don't like them very much and we'll pick up a few to get us other the line.

Try that in London ? Political suicide and really quite shocking that those at the top went for it. Remarkable. I hope the fall out is HUGE.

Tory Baroness Warsi has nailed it : "If Sadiq Khan isn't an acceptable enough Muslim to stand for London Mayor, which Muslim is" ?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just checking in on the London votes. Pretty conclusive victory for Labour with the mayor and the constituencies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just checking in on the London votes. Pretty conclusive victory for Labour with the mayor and the constituencies.

Labour don't have to do much to win London. They lost to Boris because he came across as an individual maverick (like Ken) but Ken got bogged down supporting people within his own team who should have gone earlier.

I remember it clearly - one of the individuals involved lived a few doors down.

The Tories have f#### up massively. This is nothing to do with Corbyn irrespective of what Diane Abbot has said, A cat could have walked in after Goldsmith started his smear campaign. As long as the cat had stood up and surprised people with his love of mice.

I lived here 20 years and we don't like it.

Not so much a victory for Labour but more a victory against nasty politics.

In London you have to come across as individual and not a machine politician - which is why the left wing Labour darling Livingstone had to go independent to get in.
Sadiq to his credit understood that. After very quickly distancing himself from Corbyn and Livingstone he was just neck and neck. Whoever was advising the naive Goldsmith pushed Sadiq over the line. If you don't agree with me - ask his sister.

If you think Khan is a mandate for Corbyn you utterly misunderstand the motivation of London voters. Sorry.

I'm quite proud of my city this evening, but really it's down to having a political system where as a voter you can pragmatically subvert the horrible political tribalism that unfortunately infests this site. I have my politics but don't support political parties like my football team.

I had the opportunity today to really think about how I want to influence the political recipe of London.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So how long before the calls for Khan to introduce Sharia Law start?
F*ck off looney. You're just a sad, serial thread ruining troll and you add nothing to any debate.

Funny how the two people who have proclaimed themselves clever on here (you and arch moron Danny Boy) are actually the most stupid.

The idiot who believes he's clever is the worst idiot.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Labour don't have to do much to win London. They lost to Boris because he came across as an individual maverick (like Ken) but Ken got bogged down supporting people within his own team who should have gone earlier.

The Tories have f#### up massively. This is nothing to do with Corbyn irrespective of what Diane Abbot has said, A cat could have walked in after Goldsmith started his smear campaign.

I lived here 20 years and we don't like it. But this it isn't a mandate for Corbyn or the current Labour party. Sadiq to his credit understood that. After very quickly distancing himself from Corbyn and Livingstone he was neck and neck,.
Whoever was advising the naive Goldsmith pushed Sadiq over the line. If you don't agree with me - ask his sister.

We can only beat what's put in front of us. Football supporters, of all people, should know this.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

The Tories have f#### up massively. This is nothing to do with Corbyn irrespective of what Diane Abbot has said, A cat could have walked in after Goldsmith started his smear campaign.

I lived here 20 years and we don't like it. But this it isn't a mandate for Corbyn or the current Labour party. Sadiq to his credit understood that. After very quickly distancing himself from Corbyn and Livingstone he was neck and neck,.
Whoever was advising the naive Goldsmith pushed Sadiq over the line. If you don't agree with me - ask his sister.

Yep.

All this has proved is that for Labour to win anything at the moment the Tories don't just have to shoot themselves in the foot, they have to shoot themselves in both feet, the balls and the face.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We can only beat what's put in front of us. Football supporters, of all people, should know this.

Do you live in London ?

I'll re-iterate that our system allows us to have smash people in the face who play the fear game.

Listen I get on the tube every day in theoretical fear of terrorist attack. Because of the place I work I have to go through airport style security barriers every morning.

Please as a Londoner - don't ****ing lecture me on terrorism.

The home secretary, Theresa May, said Khan was unsafe to run London at a time when there was “a significant threat of terrorism”, because of his history of defending extremists when he was a human rights lawyer.

Therefore I should also avoid the hundreds of public school boys and girls I get on the tube with who are defending rapists, murderers and pedophiles as part of their job as a defence barrister.

How wrong could the Tories have got this ? .. and how telling irrespective of politics is the intellect and confidence of the people running this country. They could have walked this....

Leadership ? Give me a break.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So now confirmed and a confirmation of the nasty campaign.

Goldsmith had a chance there to redeem himself with his, but failed.

Came across like a tired broken individual who even thanked his campaign team. Simply a nasty Tory with prejudices who "oddly" has a fixation with the environment. Reminds me of the "lovely" Tories like Alan Clarke (vegetarian) and Anne Widdicombe (anti fox hunting).

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So now confirmed and a confirmation of the nasty campaign.

Goldsmith had a chance there to redeem himself with his, but failed.

Came across like a tired broken individual who even thanked his campaign team. Simply a nasty Tory with prejudices who "oddly" has a fixation with the environment. Reminds me of the "lovely" Tories like Alan Clarke (vegetarian) and Anne Widdicombe (anti fox hunting).

I'm pleased you that this campaign has highlighted this nasty side to political spin, I respect your views as a "Londoner", unlike those who offer their opinions up from their ivory towers.

What a great day - the so-called unelectable Corbyn beats the Tories nationwide in the popular vote :lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Today Mayor tomorrow Prime Minister.The ever changing face of Britain.
why didnt grandad stop them.jpg

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
F*ck off looney. You're just a sad, serial thread ruining troll and you add nothing to any debate.

Funny how the two people who have proclaimed themselves clever on here (you and arch moron Danny Boy) are actually the most stupid.

The idiot who believes he's clever is the worst idiot.

You are a proven clueless whiner who sucks up to bullshitters on here like statto, so no suprise you make content free posts.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

The Tories have f#### up massively. This is nothing to do with Corbyn irrespective of what Diane Abbot has said, A cat could have walked in after Goldsmith started his smear campaign. As long as the cat had stood up and surprised people with his love of mice.

I lived here 20 years and we don't like it.

In London you have to come across as individual and not a machine politician - which is why the left wing Labour darling Livingstone had to go independent to get in.
Sadiq to his credit understood that. After very quickly distancing himself from Corbyn and Livingstone he was just neck and neck. Whoever was advising the naive Goldsmith pushed Sadiq over the line. If you don't agree with me - ask his sister.

If you think Khan is a mandate for Corbyn you utterly misunderstand the motivation of London voters. Sorry.

I'm quite proud of my city this evening, but really it's down to having a political system where as a voter you can pragmatically subvert the horrible political tribalism that unfortunately infests this site. I have my politics but don't support political parties like my football team.

I had the opportunity today to really think about how I want to influence the political recipe of London.

Thanks for a sensible and insightful analysis.

I tried to highlight the nasty campaign bit elsewhere and got accused of all sorts of racism and other stuff, partly because I may not have done it very well, and partly because people were reading in to it all things I hadn't said.

You have every right to be proud of your city.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
What a great day - the so-called unelectable Corbyn beats the Tories nationwide in the popular vote :lolol:

The last time an opposition Labour party scored such a low % of the vote during local elections was at the height of the Militant crisis, worth celebrating!!!!

D

Deleted member 22389

They talk about a nasty campaign, from where I am sitting the Labour party have been doing this against their old voters since 1997. It's why I will never ever vote for this party again. They are the cause of all our problems today and the disintegration of British values, and political correctness. I'm afraid we have gone so far down the line, I don't think we will ever get back the sensible country I used to know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here