Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] First TORY minister named as .......

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
"get someone killed".

I think that more or less answers the question I was going to ask about whether you had read the links, the comments in Campbell's biography or other well-placed commentators' opinions.
I'm at work so no time to download links I'm afraid, that's why I have not posted any links. ..

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
UPDATE: Statement from Julia, who says she is not a victim:

“I have received a number of calls today from newspapers and broadcasters asking me to comment on a claim that I was the victim of sexual harassment by a current Cabinet minister.

I have spoken previously about a Cabinet minister who repeatedly put his hand on my knee during a party conference dinner. I calmly and politely explained to him that, if he did it again, I would “punch him in the face”. He withdrew his hand and that was the end of the matter.

Okay, when is she going to be investigated for threatening behaviour?

(No, that's a joke. She's right, there is a difference between touching someone's knee, and sexual assault.)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The Amber Rudd 'revelation' is common knowledge though. A waitress at ******* **** *** in Hastings Old Town reliably informed that upon serving them, Ms Rudd takes her coffee like her men.

Interesting that Dr Dan Poulter MP is on there - he served me as my Councillor in Gensing ward on Hastings Borough Council about 12 years ago before resigning after a year as he got a job in a London Hospital and therefore left The Conquest Hospital where he worked at the time as a Doctor. Seemed alright for a privately educated Tory I thought - just goes to show, you can't trust them one bit.
How does she take her coffee ?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
"inappropriate". What male can honestly say they haven't said something "inappropriate" at some time in their working career? Indeed what woman can as well? MPs are just people that go to work and like others that go to work have some banter with their colleagues and others. I really don't see how these people can be listed in the same context as sexual harassment, abuse and rape.

The world has gone mad.

Oh for the days when men could be men and women could be women and both knew the difference without trying to use the other so callously.

There will come a time when women will regret the feminist movement. I think we are not that far away from that now.
Yep

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Maybe I'm just "old fashioned" but I would never start touching up a work colleague or client. It is the wrong thing to do. Whoever you are.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
"inappropriate". What male can honestly say they haven't said something "inappropriate" at some time in their working career? Indeed what woman can as well? MPs are just people that go to work and like others that go to work have some banter with their colleagues and others. I really don't see how these people can be listed in the same context as sexual harassment, abuse and rape.

The world has gone mad.

Oh for the days when men could be men and women could be women and both knew the difference without trying to use the other so callously.

There will come a time when women will regret the feminist movement. I think we are not that far away from that now.

In several cases, this is a lot more serious than 'inappropriate comments' though. Clearly.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Amber Rudd 'revelation' is common knowledge though. A waitress at ******* **** *** in Hastings Old Town reliably informed that upon serving them, Ms Rudd takes her coffee like her men.

If this is about a affair or affairs outside of office hours, that oughtn't be a Parliamentary issue.

She's been 'single' since 1995, and that's nothing to do with her being an MP or Home Secretary, unless there's an issue of security - but that would be about it.

Not sure what's 'inappropriate' here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In several cases, this is a lot more serious than 'inappropriate comments' though. Clearly.

I am sure there are. But quite of lot of this "appears" to be just normal stuff that is in no way illegal or harassment. Who are we to condemn some normal work banter. Why is someones affair listed here or a relationship with a colleague. Something like 60% of people meet their future partner at work, MPs are no different. I really don't see the need for this nonsense in a lot of cases. All it is doing is muddying the water and not highlighting the real offenders.

Id also add, calling someone a bit of a letch or a bit handy is really so vague as to not merit this naming. We all no guys in the offence who love talking about sex because they aren't getting enough but should they really be condemned in this way.

*Clearly if an offence has been committed then that is legitimate but a lot f this is just the type of office gossip stuff.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
There is no chance that the tory papers are running with the least serious incident to deflect away from the more serious ones, is there? ???

Good chance. This Fallon incident the Sun led with isn't even on the spreadsheet thats doing the rounds - although he is, for other stuff - so perhaps its just getting us all started and Fallon is going to be dragged through the papers for some time now.

I am also pleased to see that Boris is on there, it wouldn't feel right if he wasn't

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If this is about a affair or affairs outside of office hours, that oughtn't be a Parliamentary issue.

She's been 'single' since 1995, and that's nothing to do with her being an MP or Home Secretary, unless there's an issue of security - but that would be about it.

Not sure what's 'inappropriate' here.

Don't suppose 'office hours' exist in the world of Westminster.
Who the hell would want to be a public figure these days, let alone a prominent politician. Your life is no longer your own and you are there for anyone and everyone to have a pop at ,justified or not.
I am sure a lot of people who may have made good MP's will be put off by the ridiculous hysteria, that is at present infesting our society, and in the process, lumping the calling of someone 'sugar tits' with the likes of Savile.
Heaven help us. This country has gone really weird.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Maybe I'm just "old fashioned" but I would never start touching up a work colleague or client. It is the wrong thing to do. Whoever you are.

One of the unwritten rules of being an undertaker, I guess. :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Anyone trying to make political capital out of this is a bloody idiot and naive to boot. All of the parties have similar scandals they've kept hidden and more than likely there will plenty more to come that will expose Labour, Lib Dem and SNP MPs. This isn't a party political issue, it's about people in power abusing their position. No different from Weinstein, Savile or that George Riley.

More the first than the second. The OP has a long history of exploiting any issue if he thinks it will damage the Tories/help Corbyn. :rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
More the first than the second. The OP has a long history of exploiting any issue if he thinks it will damage the Tories/help Corbyn. :rolleyes:

To be fair, the Tories are doing Ernest’s job for him; if they’re not incompetent then they’re dirty perverts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here