Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] First TORY minister named as .......

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Wasn't that long ago that Jezza sacked Sarah Champion from his shadow cabinet when she had the affront to speak out against the mass rape of children in her constituency .

Sums up the morality (lack of ?) of the current Labour leadership and their apologists/supporters.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just thinking how attitudes have changed over the years. Putting your hands on a girls leg is now considered a sexual assault when I was a teenager that was the start to see how far you could go before she said No. It was a usual chat piece amongst boys at school as to how far did you get, cant remember what they were now but we had numbers for each progression from upstairs outside. Not saying that was right but it was just a growing up process. Girls came to accept it and most stopped a boy at the stage that she wanted to.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Just thinking how attitudes have changed over the years. Putting your hands on a girls leg is now considered a sexual assault when I was a teenager that was the start to see how far you could go before she said No. It was a usual chat piece amongst boys at school as to how far did you get, cant remember what they were now but we had numbers for each progression from upstairs outside. Not saying that was right but it was just a growing up process. Girls came to accept it and most stopped a boy at the stage that she wanted to.

But this isn't about girls and boys, it is about people abusing their positions of power.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wasn't that long ago that Jezza sacked Sarah Champion from his shadow cabinet when she had the affront to speak out against the mass rape of children in her constituency .

That's not true, it wasn't speaking out against mass rape that caused the problem. She was sacked for putting her name to an article in The Sun that claimed Britain had a problem with Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls. It was an article that she herself disowned but was forced to resign when it was revealed that a member of her own team had signed it off.

Even then, she may have got away with a warning but the Sun hadn't stirred things up by publishing a more virulent piece, naming her as a supporter of anti-Muslim policies. This subsequent article was attacked by several Labour MPs, Jewish and Muslim groups and even some Conservative politicians - it was this article that was the final straw.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
That's not true, it wasn't speaking out against mass rape that caused the problem. She was sacked for putting her name to an article in The Sun that claimed Britain had a problem with Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls. It was an article that she herself disowned but was forced to resign when it was revealed that a member of her own team had signed it off.

Even then, she may have got away with a warning but the Sun hadn't stirred things up by publishing a more virulent piece, naming her as a supporter of anti-Muslim policies. This subsequent article was attacked by several Labour MPs, Jewish and Muslim groups and even some Conservative politicians - it was this article that was the final straw.

I see , no problems then , thanks for putting me straight . :thumbsup:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Keep re-writing history until it agrees with the Party view-yeah,right.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But this isn't about girls and boys, it is about people abusing their positions of power.

I realize that but was passing comment on how the sexual assault attitude has changed what is now classed as that wasnt years ago. Abusing a position of power always has been and always will be a problem there being nothing that will ever change it, we must just hope that the offenders can be caught and dealt with.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Rather boringly, I tend to stick with facts

You're obviously the one who likes re-writing history

Are the BBC telling porkies then?

champ.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Er... that article supports what I said, not what Carl Zeiss said

Er...no it doesn't.You implied that she didn't write the article-it had been signed off by a staffer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here