First time I didn't make the AMEX because of travel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I live in South Wales. I used to do the racehill park and ride, but this season I've been parking up around Preston Park then wandering over to London Road train station (via the conveniently located Open House Pub).

Completely stress free.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I drive from the Midlands, park just off the A23 on the edge of Brighton, whip my bike out of the car and cycle to the Amex. Get back to the car before most of you have reached Brighton station/ park and ride etc. Don't say you're too old (or infirm) to cycle - I've also got a bus pass !

I also come down from the Midlands I park around the bus station and hop on the bus 15 mins at the ground getting away can be slow due to all the buses being full, they need to park a couple of empties on the bus stop and to marshall the queue properly to stop people pushing in at the front.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Busses where sh!t from the racecourse yesterday, took over 1hr to get from there to the ground, we missed the first 5mins of the game. Seem's they where only running 2 busses.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Thanks for suggestions

Think I will try using Falmer car park next. Anyone used it? Anyone know how long it takes to get out.

I parked at the Bridge car park vs Sheff Weds as I took my parents instead of the kids. Took about 15 minutes to get out, we left at final whistle and my mum's not the best on foot, had I been on my own could probably have got back to the car at least 5 minutes quicker and got out even easier.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
My sympathies with the OP. It still makes me angry driving past Coldean, especially upper Coldean a good 30-40 minute walk if you didn't mind it, and seeing all the roads empty on matchdays and match nights with hundreds of unused parking spaces. As seen on this thread, there is no good alternative, and it is actually driving people further into the centre and then getting the bus (how is that better?)

Several different groups have conspired to really f**k it up for decent Albion fans who just happen to need to drive to especially night games. A few NIMBYS (and it wasn't all the residents). A few inconsiderate parkers (and it was a few, a tiny minority). A council just far too trigger-happy with the controlled zone. And a club failing to stand up for a section of the support, driven partially by greed and the prospect of some of these people paying £15 in the Bridge. Some of them - including me - never will.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Get a ST to the Uni car parks, 10 mins walk to ground....on the way out if sharpish 5 mins from starting engine to dual carriageway West

EUB430

Feb 2, 2013
Thanks for suggestions

Think I will try using Falmer car park next. Anyone used it? Anyone know how long it takes to get out.

I left the stadium just after the final whistle and was out and onto the A27 by 19:50 on Saturday, normally stay behind in the stadium for half an hour and drive straight out.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
I drove to Hassocks from Cambridgeshire and parked near the station in a quiet road and then got the train to Falmer, I left home at 10.30 and got to Hassocks at 1.30.
I didn't get home until 12.30am so it was a long day but it was one of the best days of my life so far :smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My brother lives near Heathrow and used to drive and park in Moulscombe but this is now residents only so parks at Haywards Heath Station which is easy access from the A23 and jumps on the train. There is some street parking near HH station or walk to the round about and 100yds to wards the town turn right and there is an NCP pay and display car park cheaper than the one by the station, on the roundabout, I think it is £5.40 during the week all day and £2.50 Saturday but not sure what the cut off time for payment is. Please do not quote me on the price as I may be wrong but will check it out later in the week and report back.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
My sympathies with the OP. It still makes me angry driving past Coldean, especially upper Coldean a good 30-40 minute walk if you didn't mind it, and seeing all the roads empty on matchdays and match nights with hundreds of unused parking spaces. As seen on this thread, there is no good alternative, and it is actually driving people further into the centre and then getting the bus (how is that better?)

Several different groups have conspired to really f**k it up for decent Albion fans who just happen to need to drive to especially night games. A few NIMBYS (and it wasn't all the residents). A few inconsiderate parkers (and it was a few, a tiny minority). A council just far too trigger-happy with the controlled zone. And a club failing to stand up for a section of the support, driven partially by greed and the prospect of some of these people paying £15 in the Bridge. Some of them - including me - never will.

Spot on. Totally agree
I used to live near the Goldstone and there were no parking restrictions in my road and none of the residents minded on the rare occasions there were games

Is there a way to find out if any Coldean residents want to rent out their driveways / garages on matchdays?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports