Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] First they took our Thermos, then our bottle tops, now its cycle helmets

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
KR.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think we need a new thread, just on bunches of KEYS.

That would be a great thread. I can whinge about how badly some are cut so you need to develop special techniques to open some locks

Knowing the rugby / cricket club, Im sure a swift swing with a size 9, or a shoulder barge in the right spot would get around the problem of carrying too many keys... :lolol::wink:

:lolol:

Actually, the rugby club and cricket club are in different places. The CC has the sensible idea of keeping all keys in one place behind a locked door, so there's only need for one key.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just put the cycle helmet under your coat. The body search is possibly the worst body search in history. You could easily carry in all sorts of things and the people they employ at the gates would never find them.
In order to get through all the nonsense with the minimal amount of faff, i wear a hat!!

Walking towards our entrance I take my cap off.
Empty the contents of my pockets into my hat.
Fold it over so I don't drop anything.
Walk through the pat down holding my hat.

Nobody has ever looked in my hat.
Nobody has ever questioned me seemingly having no possessions.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Sod that. Surely you should be splitting the "sport" keys from the house keys at least ?

My car key is quite bulky as its also the car lock doodah, so I only have the front and back door key on there with that, along with two ancient BHA shirt keyrings (Sandtex - 1994 ?). Then I have another separate keyring for when I'm not using the car, which is JUST the front door key. Can't stand having bulky shite in my pockets when I'm out.

Exactly so.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
In order to get through all the nonsense with the minimal amount of faff, i wear a hat!!

Walking towards our entrance I take my cap off.
Empty the contents of my pockets into my hat.
Fold it over so I don't drop anything.
Walk through the pat down holding my hat.

Nobody has ever looked in my hat.
Nobody has ever questioned me seemingly having no possessions.

Is it a bowler hat?? I think a gentleman in a bowler hat would be deemed trustworthy so no need to check the contents.

51iPKU1V8lL._AC_UX679_.jpg

I'm guessing the stewards also confiscated the teams' defensive skills sometime in October. Can they please return them to the owners as soon as possible please.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Just put the cycle helmet under your coat. The body search is possibly the worst body search in history. You could easily carry in all sorts of things and the people they employ at the gates would never find them.

Reminds me..... once when we played at Withdean, I went through the search with a sharp knife in my bag.... unknowingly
A copper searched it but did not see a small knife that was still there from a picnic back in the summer. I certainly did not know... It is a good job it was missed or I would have been in trouble

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Last home game, NS main entrance, steward did the frisk thing. Felt my phone and asthma inhaler in my jacket pocket. Took it upon himself to stick his hand in my pocket and take the (non) offending items out. Happened so quick I didn't have a chance to tell him he was bang out of order. With the local coronavirus scare that is now even more bang out of order. Next tvvat that tries that stunt will ensure the club ends on the wrong end of a lawsuit

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I took a sharp knife and scissors into the Goldstone for the final game so I could get a bit of turf and goal net. Didn’t even give it a thought til after

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really? Is this the States?

Nah t'is the UK so the club is more likely to find itself on the wrong end of another 'next time that happens...' post, on a t'internet forum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here