Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] First they took our Thermos, then our bottle tops, now its cycle helmets

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Bottle tops, THE TRUTH!!

Tonight I have found out the real reason for the bottle top ban.

On February 25, 1983, Tennessee Williams was found dead at age 71 in his suite at the Hotel Elysée in New York. Chief Medical Examiner of New York City Elliot M. Gross reported that Williams had choked to death from inhaling the plastic cap of a bottle.

It all makes sense now

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Tonight I have found out the real reason for the bottle top ban.

On February 25, 1983, Tennessee Williams was found dead at age 71 in his suite at the Hotel Elysée in New York. Chief Medical Examiner of New York City Elliot M. Gross reported that Williams had choked to death from inhaling the plastic cap of a bottle.

It all makes sense now

Tried swallowing a cycle helmet?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I was once stopped from taking a bottle of pop into Turf Moor, but got an apology later. (No money, though!)

Accrington Stanley stop you taking bottle tops into their ground. (Full bottles are OK, but you have to take the top off.) Burnley allow bottles with tops - at least, they do for home fans. Don't know about away fans. Where's the logic?

As an aside - a story I heard a few years back, Leeds United v Manchester United, height of hooligan days, all police leave cancelled. One Leeds fan, a chef, was taking in the match on his way home from work. He was near the front of the queue when he realised that in his hand he has his canvas knife bag. Proper carving knives, 6 of them. Just as he decided to leave, the copper said "arms up" - patted him down, full body search, socks as well - missed the bag in his hand, and let him in.

Maybe they should have a coin bag at the entrance where you all deposit coins? I'm sure people on the way out could be trusted to take no more than they put in! And 29 pound coins would do more damage than, and be cheaper than, a £30 cycling helmet as an offensive weapon.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I once went to Withdean with a bag that had a sharp knife in one of the pockets. I did not know it was there. The copper searched the bag but missed it. Ce’st la vie.
NB .. right now I would love to have a match to go to, whatever they allowed you to take in......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here