first pub you were served in?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
14 in The Wilmington - Carden Ave. probably now called something like the Firkin Rabbit. Jees that was a long time ago!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think it was The Victoria by Portslade Station. Would have been 15, and I was in there with a mate and our dates for the evening. Looking back, we were taking a big risk as we'd have looked right numpties if we'd been turned away.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Boroseagull said:
14 in The Wilmington - Carden Ave. probably now called something like the Firkin Rabbit. Jees that was a long time ago!

If you mean "The Long Man of Wilmington" then it's is not a Furkin' pub yet, and indeed carries the same name as it always has. In fact it's my regular pre-match drinking hole. You should come along and revive old memories.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Cliftonville at Hove Station. Out at lunchtime from Cardinal Newman. I think it must have been after O levels. I was a year younger so that would have made me 15.

In the bottom bar, where there was a snooker table, and I had a Guinness and Blackcurrant. God knows why. I can't have looked very conspicuous.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
The Horse & Groom, Old Hatfield, Hertfordshire. Aged 16 - 1989.

The favoured routine was to call mates in Brighton from phonebox on Friday night and arrange to meet outside Club Shop or station. Go to pub for four pints of Fosters then special fried rice from the takeaway.

Puke in hedge on way home. Happy, happy days

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Knightsworld said:
The Stanley Arms - Portslade when i was 16.:drink:

I lived on Stanley Road so had to go further afield to avoid being caught by my Dad.

The Buckingham Arms in Shoreham aged 15

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports