Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First openly gay footballer coming out on Sunday apparently

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Why? Do you find something funny about someone from a team you despise and look up to being gay?

Homophobe.

Oh, the faux outrage. Funny how I didn't see many Palace fans offended when your lot sang "we scored three..."

..and that's why it would be ironic and amusing. Because you're the ones who have even invented homophobic chants about us.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Oh, the faux outrage. Funny how I didn't see many Palace fans offended when your lot sang "we scored three..."

..and that's why it would be ironic and amusing. Because you're the ones who have even invented homophobic chants about us.
Do women take it up the bum?

Did the dodgy keeper take it up the arse?

If you find the song to be offensive, then one would suggest that you may well be the one with the homophobic problem.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Do women take it up the bum?

Did the dodgy keeper take it up the arse?

If you find the song to be offensive, then one would suggest that you may well be the one with the homophobic problem.

Haha! As mealy-mouthed excuses go that's world-class. That thread your fellow Palace troll linked to shows exactly what the intention with that song is and pissed all over your argument. And apparently it's a homophobic chant that half your fans still think is okay so it would still be extremely amusing if one of your players came out.

I can only imagine what kind of excuse you'd come out with as justification for that song in that case.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

I'm offended by being called a pikey scum, and taunts about burning down my town.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Love this from the Scum on Sunday "Completely unfounded rumours about a footballer coming out in the Sun on Sunday - only believe stories when you see them in the paper."

As if anyone believes any of the shit they write in the first place.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Love this from the Scum on Sunday "Completely unfounded rumours about a footballer coming out in the Sun on Sunday - only believe stories when you see them in the paper."

As if anyone believes any of the shit they write in the first place.

Blimey, they're opening themselves up to a storm of abuse given their history,,,

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Why? Do you find something funny about someone from a team you despise and look up to being gay?

Homophobe.

You Sir are a total and utter **** !!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That chant is actually a matter that splits our fanbase down the middle. This discussion of it ran to 22 pages:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=241756

One thing that that thread shows is that your forum is exactly like this one. Massive generalisations, infighting, disrespect, missing the point and dismissing peoples opinions with meaning soundbites about faux outrage and hand wringing aplenty.

We are all the same really.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I reckon its Alan Pardew, and he wasnt going to headbutt David Meyler, he was moving in for a kiss

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I reckon its Alan Pardew, and he wasnt going to headbutt David Meyler, he was moving in for a kiss

We've all done it, many a girl (or boy) left the Event or Pink Coconut with a black eye or blood nose while resisting the amorous advances of some Jack the Lad on a Saturday night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here