First day of spring

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Today is the first day of spring strangely enough here in Southern Spain its changed from 20 odd degrees last week to just plus 3 all day today and heavy snow.

How is the weather where you are?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Not been too bad here today in Shoreham and the last few days we have had a bit of sunshine. I love this time of year - summer just around the corner - lighter evenings - bring it on xx

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not been too bad here today in Shoreham and the last few days we have had a bit of sunshine. I love this time of year - summer just around the corner - lighter evenings - bring it on xx

hang on a bit...spring officially starts tomorrow in shoreham..lets enjoy that first :)

Ps tad cold north shoreham the afternoon

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The offical first day of spring is the 21st of march,but for some strange reason it happens on the 20th of march once in a while.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The offical first day of spring is the 21st of march,but for some strange reason it happens on the 20th of march once in a while.

First one after a leap year. For the same reason, the longest day was on 22nd rather than 21st December.

Edit: shortest.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
I'm surprised because tomorrow is my birthday and I always believed it was the first day of spring, a quick google and it is the 20th so maybe it was in 21/3/1959 ????.

Noldi

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm surprised because tomorrow is my birthday and I always believed it was the first day of spring, a quick google and it is the 20th so maybe it was in 21/3/1959 ????.

Noldi
My birthday too bud,the official first day of sping is the 21st,but as the chap said above its a leap year:)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Looking forward to 'tit Monday'.......can't be too long now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports